Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ICCS Dollars To PCGS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 645Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
811 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  1:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just had some grades pop of previously ICCS silver dollars, that I wanted in PCGS holders for Set Registry and re-sale purposes.

1935 MS65+ from MS66
1952 PL66 from PL66 CAM
1955 PL 67+ from PL66CAM
1957 PL67 from PL65, prev NGC PL67
1958 PL64 from PL67HC. (ouch)
1969 PL66 from PL66HC
1960 PL66 from PL64C
1961 PL67 from PL66HC
1962 PL66 from PL66CAM
1963 PL66CAM from PL66HC
1964 PL67 from PL67HC

Generally, pleased with the results, other than the 1958 Victoria North dollar....shows how tough PCGS is with handing out cameo designations.....These were not submitted in the ICCS flips for cross grading and submission took just over 5 months to get graded.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2048 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  07:25 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Playing the numbers game is always a gamble......
Pillar of the Community
Canada
914 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the advantage of grading with PCGS is that it's more respected in the USA. So, when and if you want to sell your stuff you have a larger potential market. I would be curious to know how widely that view is shared, Personally, I haven't bothered with re-grading though I have a few coins that might be worth it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2431 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must be an old dinosaur with Canadian coins, as I just don't get the logic of cracking out high grade ICCS coins, for PCGS grading.

Not only do you lose the 'value' of an ICCS graded coin (my opinion) but you pay through the nose in US grading fees.

Also, there is a greater price discrepency between ICCS and PCGS coins especially with PL and SP Canadian coins. (favouring ICCS)

Only time I would say PCGS is better is for ms64 and higher Canadian 'RED" copper coins.
Edited by doubleeagle59
10/09/2022 7:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26163 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you did well on most of them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1307 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2022  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like you did well on most of them.

It does?
Looks like more coins were downgraded, even if they just lost their cameo designations.

I agree with DoubleEagle; quite an expensive endeavor, especially for the common PL coins.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 645Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: