Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1862 S Seated Liberty Quarter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 432Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
493 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  10:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam590 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Same as my previous post--this one seems MS, maybe AU, but details, definitely cleaned. Any idea what the value would be? Just curious.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10041 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU Details - Improperly Cleaned. That said it is not too bad looking in these images and has strong AU+ devices.

6 months ago this piece sound for $660.The OPs piece is far nicer and could bring close to $1,000 imo.
https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...ils-cleaned- PCGS
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
9456 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how many people looking for a 1862-S quarter is looking for a cleaned one. I would avoid it. The Seated quarter series is so long that I wonder how many people are looking to put together a date/mm set. A type collector will want a nicer one imho. Even though this is a civil war date, the civil war wasn't fought in the west coast and this one is more severely cleaned. Many here remember that I tried to look for value in these kinds of coins, but I had that notion beaten out of me in this forum.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
My coin e-commerce website:https://nummumcoins.com
Let me build your coin e-commerce website: https://nummumcoins.com/ur-site/
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU Details also IMHO
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13726 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what a shame

it might be UNC details

Quote:
Many here remember that I tried to look for value in these kinds of coins, but I had that notion beaten out of me in this forum.

yep...quite a but
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75213 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU/MS details (cleaned). What a shame.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26176 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2022  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS details, cleaned.
Valued Member
United States
493 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam590 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much, CCF! As always I appreciate your expertise. I am not looking to buy these coins--I came across them and am wondering how coins like these are valued.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: