Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1794 Sheldon Variety Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 909Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  4:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinfiend to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all. I wanted to share my 1794 variety collection. I am proud of what it has become. I am actively searching for new additions.

S-18B

S-19B

S-21

S-22

S-24

S-25

S-27

S-28

S-30

S-31

S-32

S-42

S-43

S-44

S-45

S-46

S-49

S-54

S-55

S-57

S-58

S-62

S-63

S-65

S-69

S-71

S-72

Thanks for looking!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2627 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa, nice there.
Learn More...
United States
120815 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75196 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most impressive indeed!

to the CCF!
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfiend to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. It has been a significant cost for me but I think I'm addicted. Lately have slowed down acquisitions because most of the remaining varieties are exceptionally rare.
Pillar of the Community
United States
748 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sweet. I like these a lot. I am up to 23 of the 1794 varieties for my own colletion. I sent you an email.
I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Valued Member
Canada
478 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super collection! A white background would highlight those beauties even more.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfiend to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Lets see a direct comparison then:

Something about the white background is jarring for my eyes. Do yall agree with @wallyb that the white background is better?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2564 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great assembly! That is impressive, even in lower grades. The black background is easier on the eyes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9242 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

This is an amazing introduction and inspired coin set indeed.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
26148 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa is right. Amazing work @coin!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
748 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
im not sure that the background makes much difference on your S-65. I bet that some of the darker coins like the S-71 could look better with a lighter background.

im a bit jealous of your heads of 93. I dont have any of that type at the moment.
I collect low grade large cents. I currently have >230 Sheldon varieties and >235 middle date Newcomb varieties.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1414 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm always amazed when someone who is newer "here" plopps down an awesome collection of specialized coins!
WOW!
Great set for sure!
Thanks for sharing : )
smat
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4386 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's quite the impressive lineup there! Over what span of time did you acquire these?

For what it's worth, I prefer the black background, but have sometimes used white, but with a black fade/burst/transition around the coin so it's not such a stark contrast. Similar to what PCGS does with their Trueview pics.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfiend to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the praise of my collection.

@ty2020b I have built this collection over about 2 years. Slowing down recently but I'm always on the lookout.

@car I really like my 18b, one of my favorites probably. They really are hard to come by. I've met some that specialize/hoard the 93 heads so it makes it even tougher to get them.

@smat thank you! I fairly quickly found the appeal of early American copper and kind of gravitated to the 1794 cent. Just can't get enough.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2629 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm always amazed at the knowledge and skill required to ID these on badly worn or corroded coins. Well done.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 909Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: