Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893-Dated Germany Leipzig Horticulture Expo Oertel - (39mm) Silver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 631Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  11:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm a sucker for beautiful designs. I was browsing an auction in Germany when I saw this, and knew that I had to have it. Something about it really took me by the arm and shouted "purchase me!".
I sent it in to NGC to get some photovisions done and it received MS61. It's a fairly rare medal, I have found some much more worn examples that have sold on internet auctions but only two or three examples in the past few decades. The medal cost me about $250, and I don't really know it's value but that's not particularly important to me right now anyway.

I find it quite incredible that the green toning matches the subject of the medal.

I hope you like it and enjoy the photos.

Edited by TobyJ
11/30/2022 11:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
1270 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marvellous. Just marvellous.
Learn More...
United States
120433 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
476 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting piece, thx for posting the images.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Safaga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking medal!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74957 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They don't make 'em like that anymore. Just wonderful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4793 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow, it is absolutely gorgeous!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo Boguss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Such a beautiful medal! Congratulations, Toby, I would have done the same.
Inordinately fascinated by bits of metal with strange markings and figures
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments, it's a beautiful work of art for sure :)
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windmiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Joyful, thank you for posting.
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Oertel was the best of the German medalists! A collector could have a happy life just collecting his work.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1217 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2022  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made a video to show it's beauty, on my coinstagram. Hope the link works.

1893 Germany Leipzig Medal for Floral Exhibition. The toning is beautiful and matches the subject!
#numismatic #numismatica #numismatik #numismatics #coincollecting #silvercoin #medalmonday #medals #ngc
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmkC...MDJmNzVkMjY=
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 631Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: