Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 D LWC Found This In Moms Collection Along With 4 More Similar Pennies All From The 1950's

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 554Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  3:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coin Idiot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
They all look great on the obverse but terrible on the reverse. Looks like they were in an old fashion coin book at one time and it got wet or damp. The other ones are:

1953 D
1955 D
1958 D
1959 No MM

Can not find any doubling or anything else on any of them. I know we are suppose to limit each thread to one coin, should I start a new topic for each one? I guess what I am asking is, Are these worth anything? If so how would they be graded?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10632 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, some nice wheat cents residing for many years in old coin books (like Whitman folders) can develop compromised reverses under certain conditions.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48504 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kinda looks like the obverses have been cleaned/wiped at some point.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Idiot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have been handled. No idea how long Mom had these. Only worth a penny?
Learn More...
United States
26116 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For circulated, common-date wheat cents, they are usually worth a few cents rather than face value.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Idiot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank all of you for your replies. I hang on to them and keep looking.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin Idiot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
btw, Congrats on hitting 10,000 post ijn1944.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48504 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contest time
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree a couple of these seem to have been cleaned. As to value, they may be worth 2 cents apiece in copper bullion, but you're not going to get that price from a dealer or anyone else. To me, these are all spenders unless they have "sentimental" value.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18453 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse verdigris, formed by moisture trapped between the reverse and some sort of medium. This are pretty common coins and worth only a few cents each.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26150 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2022  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 details, environmental damage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 554Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: