Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1868 Indian Head Penny MPD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 467Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
180 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  7:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Caddis to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you guys think about this IH and a possible MPD below the 6. I'm thinking it matches the 1868 mpd 002 or 003?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74977 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics not sharp enough to see a date anomaly, at least to me.
Edited by Coinfrog
12/05/2022 7:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Come on, people!

I find it maddening to try to look up acronyms in our Numismatic Glossary only to find that they are not listed there.

When I try looking MPD on an internet acronym finder, I find 94 listings - none which seem to refer to numismatics.

It is bad enough to have to interpret an OP's meaning when they do not spell or grammar check their submissions.

Please, please, only use our Numismatic Glossary acronyms or spell out those which are not listed therein.

Surely, I am not the only member with this frustration.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After MORE checking on the internet, I finally found it. MPD stands for Misplaced Date.

I have submitted it for inclusion into our glossary.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Caddis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input and sorry about the acronym. I guess I thought it was just understood. Will spell it out in the future &
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 467Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: