Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Clad Kennedy Halves Selling For Huge Amounts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 634Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
724 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
United States
8747 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing. Bidding frenzy possibly?
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1403 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sold price shown doesn't include the almost 20% buyers fee, and then add in another $13 shipping for each individual item.

Seeing undereducated buyers making unwise decisions during an auction isn't that uncommon, unfortunately.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
12/09/2022 10:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3713 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most people on those sites are not coin people. They'll believe anything the auctioneer says.

The auctioneer isn't a numismatist either.

Net-Net if the listing says it's worth 100-150 and you got it for $60 + 20% + $13 or $85, you can sell it in your store for at $15-$65 profit.
-----Burton
49 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLine Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 39 years (joined 1983)

PS: ANA's records are messed up, they show me as a 50-year member and I'm now Emeritus
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion that auction site is not very acceptable by experienced collectors . Sold ? sold to who ? they don't show who it was sold to , maybe just a ploy to get newbie bidders interested .
Tony

For Butch & Jim rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13739 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:55 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a fine example of 'mob mentality'. If one thinks they found something remarkable - then others become intrigued as well and try to get it 'at all costs' - Just like the OP up above had to question it. I'm sure that when the winner of those auctions will be heavily disappointed when they get the lot of coins.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 634Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: