I jsut took a chance, ordering my first coin by mail. I noticed that someone on this forum is connected with W.S., which is why I took the chance, and ordered a Peace dollar with a die break for one of the unmarked holes in my album. It was inexpensive, and if it looks the grade, I'll do business again, and buy a membership.
Is this a good way to check a company, or should I try a couple times? Seems like they have good deals with a membership, which gives nice discounts.
Thanks! Still a bit nervous (but come on, it was 40 bucks, so not that nervous). The coin matches the description of a vam-1a, and if that carries any extra value at all, I think I did O.K. no matter what.
Scarry situation dealing over the mail, internet, ebay, etc. And as to a steady coin store, dealer, etc. that too could be strange. Many dealers may well start out with fantastic intensions and slowly become crooks. Contrary to that is a dealer may start out with high prices, poor coins and lousy service and see it's not working so completely change into a great dealer. I've seen this at all types of stores, not just coin dealers or coin shops. One coin place I USED to go to almost once a week to check out what they had and occationally purchased something too. They were really decent in prices, great coins, nice people. Then something changed. They hired people, raised prices, horrible manners, no deals, etc. As I said, you just never know. What is great today may well be a mess tomorrow.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use