Found this while roll searching. This was the most intriguing of all that I searched. I found one that was an almost identical grade, but it was clearly RDV-005 -very thin, and no serif on the g to speak of.
My biggest problem with what I've seen is that it seems to have a serif, but nothing that drops below. The "F" looks like 006
What are your thoughts - and please be descriptive as to what I should be looking for if in fact this is in fact an RDV-005.
Heres two photos to show you the difference and what to look for on the 1988 for the Rev of a 1989 .. Also here is a good link that I think may help you understand a few things with this variety --
Thanks tatt2ed13 for the images. When I look at the references and my coin it looks different than both. Maybe a strategic dent makes it look like the g has a serif - I don't know. LOL
Something I noticed as a difference on BU example of the 005 & 006 Is the shape of the M on AMERICA. The 005 is rounded. The 006 is flat. Here is an image incase you need a second point to check for. On circulated examples the 005 M can be flattened, but the shape should be the same if no contact is made on the other devices. Just my observance.
Your coin is definitely an RDV-005....notice how the center of the G is further east on an RDV-006 when compared to the bottom edge of the memorial building.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use