Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1900-O / CC Morgan Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 15 / Views: 453Next Topic  
New Member

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  11:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Repeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Here's my 1900-O/CC Morgan dollar. Apologies for not being able to get a better Pic of the error, my phone just wasn't picking it up that well.
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
New Member
henryvoight's Avatar
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dont think this is an O/CC. Judging by date position the only near match to any O/CC VAM is VAM-7, and the mintmark position here is different than that one. Of course, I could be wrong given the fact you're having problems with taking pictures, but dont get your hopes up.
New Member
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Repeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate you. Someone else told me it could be a VAM-11, but you're saying VAM-7. What's the difference between them?
New Member
henryvoight's Avatar
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VAM-11 has the date farther left, much closer to the bust. I'm less sure now that the mintmark on this coin doesn't match up with VAM-7, but I just cant see the CC. I'm taking your word that theres something thats not showing up in the pictures.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18924 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Repeat, with your post, it was not clear if you are just looking for confirmation regarding VAM or for a coin assessment regarding grade.

if you are just looking for VAM confirmation then your post should be in the VAM forum and the admin can move you post there.

https://goccf.com/f/129
Edited by panzaldi
Yesterday 08:46 am
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107175 Posts
New Member
henryvoight's Avatar
United States
38 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having trouble trying to find what the exact VAM is, but I've ruled out any of the O/CC's. Can someone who's an expert on VAMS help me out a little?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
9000 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Repeat, can you get us a clear closeup of the date?
-makecents-
New Member
United States
15 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Repeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for any confusion, I show my coins on this site for a number of reasons.
1. To share these with everyone else who might enjoy them like I do.
2. In the hopes I learn more about what I have but more so to learn more about coins in general.
Again, I apologize if I posted in the wrong thread or forum, just trying to see what others have to say or know about the coin. Ill upload the pic of more up close of the date shortly once I get back home.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
9000 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-makecents-
New Member
United States
15 Posts
 Posted Today  15H 56M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Repeat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's those up close and/or better photos. Let me know if you guys want different ones or if these work for ya.
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Keith67's Avatar
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted Today  12H 32M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing it.

1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
9000 Posts
 Posted Today  8H 4M ago  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having a hard time nailing this one down. Since you have the coin in hand, it will be easier for you to check markers on listings. To help, yours would appear to be a C3 reverse and would either fall under "normal" date or "normal slanted date", maybe see if any of these particular listings stand out.

ADDED: Just wanted to add that I really liked the "privately made" options at the very bottom of the date position page, because the date positions matched really well but could not find any matching markers.

Reverse Comp. https://vamworld.com/wiki/C4-C4C3-C3_Comps

Date Position. https://vamworld.com/wiki/1900-O_Dates
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
Today 7H 51M ago
New Member
henryvoight's Avatar
United States
38 Posts
 Posted Today  3H 6M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My only guess is that its one of the VAMS for which no pictures are listed. Its not any of the privately made ones, or atleast not a known die, but I think the details are too strong for it to be one regardless. The only thing I'm certain about is that its NOT an O/CC.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
9000 Posts
 Posted Today  40M ago  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Its not any of the privately made ones
I'm not 100% sure because of the circulation wear and the minute details of the VAM-66. The date placement and mm location look pretty good though and it's the correct C3 reverse. That's why I said the OP may be able to see something with the coin in hand.




1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
-makecents-
New Member
henryvoight's Avatar
United States
38 Posts
 Posted Today  22M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that the date is very close, but the mintmark, to me, looks different. It looks like Repeats coin has the MM more to the left, but the picture is taken at a weird angle, which I think is the reason I'm having so much trouble with this. For the date similarity I think it should be taken into consideration that the private dies were all cast from real coins, so maybe Repeats coin and the one used to make the die were both the same VAM.
  Replies: 15 / Views: 453Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums