Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My Latest Pickup - Peace Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 12 / Views: 295Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
srs77's Avatar
United States
3569 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I got this one yesterday and it's a VAM 5A Broken Wing Top 50 Peace VAM. Happy to add it to my collection.

My-Latest-Pickup---Peace-Dollar

My-Latest-Pickup---Peace-Dollar
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79305 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great purchase, srs77!
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
srs77's Avatar
United States
3569 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks errers!
Pillar of the Community
Greasy Fingers's Avatar
United States
7343 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, looks to be MS-63/64. I have that same VAM filling the hole in me album.
Pillar of the Community
srs77's Avatar
United States
3569 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Greasy!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2392 Posts
 Posted Today  19H 33M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it's a VAM 5A Broken Wing Top 50 Peace VAM. Happy to add it to my collection

Just asking...but, who attributed her?
She's a beautiful MS gal...
I'm just not seeing the 5A
https://www.vamworld.com/wiki/1924-..._Progression
I could be wrong...and often am...Maybe it's an EDS 5A?
Kind of a 5/5B/5A...idk?
I would either submit her to JB over at VAMWorld and have him take a look at her or post it on their site to get some other eyes on her for an opinion.
If you do...let us know what they say.
Beautiful 24
smat
Pillar of the Community
Greasy Fingers's Avatar
United States
7343 Posts
 Posted Today  19H 26M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Smat45. it's there (big ole' die crack) just hard to see from photos
Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted Today  12H 10M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
cptbilly's Avatar
United States
2139 Posts
 Posted Today  11H 59M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations srs77.
Pillar of the Community
srs77's Avatar
United States
3569 Posts
 Posted Today  11H 41M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!


Quote:
Just asking...but, who attributed her?
She's a beautiful MS gal...
I'm just not seeing the 5A
https://www.vamworld.com/wiki/1924-..._Progression
I could be wrong...and often am...Maybe it's an EDS 5A?
Kind of a 5/5B/5A...idk?
I would either submit her to JB over at VAMWorld and have him take a look at her or post it on their site to get some other eyes on her for an opinion.
If you do...let us know what they say.
Beautiful 24


I attributed it. It is an early die state 5A. If you look at the center of the eagles body you'll see the die break.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2392 Posts
 Posted Today  9H 10M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I could be wrong...and often am...Maybe it's an EDS 5A?


Quote:
I attributed it. It is an early die state 5A.

After taking a closer look at her, I agree with your attribution!
Here's a recent auction at GC
https://www.greatcollections.com/Co...0-PCGS-MS-63
I think yours could be an MS-64.
Didn't mean to come off as accusatory...I need to be more careful with how I word things...sorry
She's a beauty!
I think it would be interesting if you posted her on the VAMWorld section "What's it Worth?"
You might be surprised?
Sorry again for my earlier reply.
smat
Pillar of the Community
srs77's Avatar
United States
3569 Posts
 Posted Today  19M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worries smat45. I was not offended at all. Also, I've been known to be wrong. This one was harder with the pictures as the two pictures I posted were the sellers pictures. I'll reshoot it once it's in my possession.
Edited by srs77
Today 18M ago
  Replies: 12 / Views: 295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Forums