| Author |
Replies: 27 / Views: 1,410 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1274 Posts |
That 16-d ms66fb is incredible!! I also enjoyed seeing the error coin and some of the toners posted! I picked up several certified dimes from the teens, twenties, and thirties but this 31-d pcgs ms64fb is the star of the show so far.  
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Quote: this 31-d pcgs ms64fb is the star of the show so far. Excellent! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79345 Posts |
Nice additions! 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
8534 Posts |
That 1945 FB, that's a tough one . Way nice !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2366 Posts |
I also collected Mercs from circulation as a teenager in the 1950's and 60's and have them all in a Whitman album - minus the 16D and the 42/1. They are cherished memories of those years. A few years ago I purchased the 16-D from a local collector. It's a lowly G4 but blends in nicely with the Mercs from circulation. 
Member ANA and EAC "You got to lose to know how to win". Dream On by Aerosmith
|
|
New Member
United States
31 Posts |
I don't consider myself a "certified Mercury dime collector" however I do have a certified type coin Mercury dime. The goal was an affordable high grade coin. I recently posted this in the coin grading section but here it is again! A 1940-d in MS67FB NGC/CAC.    
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79345 Posts |
Nice ones! 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Nice examples! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6016 Posts |
I own two certified Mercury dimes. The first one I got because of the date:  [It's not particularly high grade, but it has nice eye appeal and -- more importantly -- I could actually afford it.] The second one I got because I wanted a really nice proof example for my U.S. Proof Type Set: 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196100 Posts |
Quote:I own two certified Mercury dimes. Nice examples! That 1916-D is appealing. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79345 Posts |
Nice coins, Barry!
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4707 Posts |
  Picked up high grade common mercs back in the days of teletrade. Will take new pics next time I visit my safe deposit box.
|
| |
Replies: 27 / Views: 1,410 |