Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Fake Or Genuine Ancient Roman Coins ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 112Next Topic  
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
206 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 59M ago Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I came across these coins on Instagram and I need help identifying whether they are genuine or fake before purchasing them. I would be grateful for your insights. I do not have access to better pictures.

Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Victor's Avatar
United States
992 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 56M ago  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

they look fine
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196278 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 55M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will defer to Victor, but I have to say I like the cameo effect!
Valued Member
Aref's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
206 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 49M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aref to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sharp details and a price tag of $54 for the entire set makes me feel like this deal is too good to be true.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Victor's Avatar
United States
992 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 37M ago  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why buy coins that you think might be fake? I will repeat again that they look fine. I have only been collecting Late Roman bronze coins for a little over thirty years and have never seen any of these dies as fakes...but I am sure more experienced people will post. A bit over $10 is a good price; but it isn't so good that you have to think something is wrong. These are all fairly common coins and the desert patina obscures lots of detail; though they might clean up easily enough.
Valued Member
Empty_Pockets's Avatar
United States
278 Posts
 Posted Today  26M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Empty_Pockets to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm new to collecting ancients, but for the little I know I think they are legit. Especially if Victor chimes in.
Here is a good website on what to do.
https://www.numisdon.com/clean-roman-coins-safely/
Joanne


Edit: By the way I love the Campgate
Edited by Empty_Pockets
Today 22M ago
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Victor's Avatar
United States
992 Posts
 Posted Today  18M ago  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


Quote:
Here is a good website on what to do.


I always get a kick out of people that claim cotton gloves should be worn when handling ancients.



Fake-Or-Genuine-Ancient-Roman-Coins-?
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 112Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums