| Author |
Replies: 19 / Views: 1,116 |
|
Press Manager
 United States
1420 Posts |
US Mint - Sep. 14, 2026 — The United States Mint (Mint) today shipped 250,000 special-issue Enduring Liberty Half Dollar coins with privy mark to Federal Reserve Banks to further honor the victims of the September 11, 2001, and February 26, 1993, terrorist attacks. The privy mark includes the date "9-11-01" encircled by the phrase, "ALWAYS REMEMBER," a pledge to never forget the Americans whose tragedies and heroism marked September 11, 2001. The coins—struck at the West Point Mint and bearing a W mint mark—will be placed randomly into circulation across the Nation. Check out 9/11 Privy Mark Half Dollars on ebay
 About the coin, Mint Director Paul Hollis stated, "Following the tragic attacks 25 years ago on our nation, ordinary acts were transformed into extraordinary acts. No one understands that better than New Yorkers. That is why we took a truly American coin—the 2026 Enduring Liberty Half Dollar—and for the first time, put it in the hands of our West Point employees to mint. Lady Liberty's steadfast gaze not only looks toward the future but also has a special 9-11 Always Remember privy mark in sight—a tribute to this solemn anniversary." On August 21, the Mint presented 2,983 coins to the National 9/11 Memorial & Museum (Memorial) in honor of the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the six victims who died in the February 16, 1993, World Trade Center Bombing. The coins were delivered to the Memorial in advance of the September 11 remembrance event, marking a quarter-century since the 9/11 attacks and coinciding with the Nation's 250th anniversary year. The obverse design shows a close-up view of the Statue of Liberty, her steadfast gaze looking outward as if toward the future. The inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "1776 ~ 2026." The reverse design features Liberty passing her torch, its flame trailing with the momentum of purpose, to a new generation. Inscriptions are "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "HALF DOLLAR," and "KNOWLEDGE IS THE ONLY GUARDIAN OF TRUE LIBERTY." The standard-issue (non-privy mark) Enduring Liberty Half Dollar entered circulation at the beginning of 2026 and is being manufactured for one year only at the Mint's Denver and Philadelphia facilities. Check out 9/11 Privy Mark Half Dollars on ebay Check out Books on US Coins on Amazon
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196424 Posts |
Interesting. Now the CRH crews have something new to seek. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1858 Posts |
I'm still waiting for the 2026 quarters to reach my area!
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79550 Posts |
Awesome! Very cool. 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
5904 Posts |
Chance of finding these in circulation is nil or like hitting the lotto.
|
|
Forum Dad
 United States
24233 Posts |
Quote: typo? Nope, wrong image. Fixed.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7359 Posts |
I think I heard where that Silver Searcher Stacker Guy found over 2 dozen of them last year
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
946 Posts |
Quote: Nope, wrong image. Fixed. Thanks - had me confused. Quote: Chance of finding these in circulation is nil or like hitting the lotto. I agree - finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108000 Posts |
Quote: I agree - finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them. Yep - pretty much 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2154 Posts |
More bait and switch marketing from the Mint. . .
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108000 Posts |
so nothing new then 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7359 Posts |
Quote: More bait and switch marketing from the Mint. . . I don't know if I would call it that, I'd like to think they're trying to generate interest from outside the collector group and for the general public (at least with the 7/14 privy marked quarters) and continue celebrating USA's 250 years. Just like the Great Coin Hunt of 2019, unfortunately with Mint sold items Flippers get involved and make it s-ck for the long time and beginning collector. Quote: finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them. I use them and probably spend 12 to 15 dollars a week. There's a running topic on spending them. I find spending them easy and covenant and just wish more of you out there would do the same...So next time you're at the bank pick-up a couple of rolls and start using them and good luck in finding a 2026W Oh and I don't want to hear it that "you don't spend cash and haven't for years".......la dee da Sorry little rant there guys and gals
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196424 Posts |
Quote: finding a half dollar in circulation of any sort is non-existent in my area - no one uses them. Like I said, something for the CRH people. I am not expecting to find one at Trader Joe's.
|
|
New Member
United States
40 Posts |
I guarantee you that if I order 3 half dollar boxes from my bank, they will all be circulated Kennedy's.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196424 Posts |
Quote: I guarantee you that if I order 3 half dollar boxes from my bank, they will all be circulated Kennedy's. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7359 Posts |
Showing up on ebay...going rate is 100 bucks and up. Also from the photo above looks like a matte finish, however from photos on-line looks like normal circulated finish. Kind of a bummer. But I guess the matte finish would make it easier to snatch them up by employees during the rolling process
Edited by Greasy Fingers 10/06/2026 10:15 pm
|
| |
Replies: 19 / Views: 1,116 |