Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1938-S LWC : Any Suggestions?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,568Next Topic  
Valued Member
cconrad's Avatar
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2010  8:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cconrad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have had this coin for quite some time now, and I just came across it and thought I would post it on here. I can't tell if it's post mint damage or a minting error. I was thinking PMD, but the top bar of the "T" extends well above the "CEN". I would appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.

1938-S-LWC-:-Any-Suggestions?

1938-S-LWC-:-Any-Suggestions?
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2010  04:53 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's post mint damage. Something scraped the coin and pushed the top of the T upward. It is well circulated. Looks like the right wheat also has a sign of PMD.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
coppercoins's Avatar
United States
7629 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2010  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I disagree.

This appears to be Struck Through Grease with damage thereafter. Because the 'T' is completely gone, I have a hard time believing the scrape is what caused it. Circumstance.
Valued Member
southerngent's Avatar
United States
469 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2010  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southerngent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The top of the T looks like a lizard.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,568Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums