I am not sure which new Krause you are referring to. A 2011 version for 1901-2000? Something else?
The newest catalogue I possess, 1701-1800 5th edition (printed 2010), have prices WAY too low. KM 206, 2 skilling 1701-14, is listed with a value of $15 in F for the easy dates. Real value? I haven't seen these sell below $60 for some time. KM 255, 2 skilling 1778-1788 is listed wih $5 in F for the easier dates. Real value? Try $30. And these are the easiest of all 17th century Norwegian coins. Pricing for the more difficult ones are not more accurate, far from it....KM 220, 4 marck 1723 in XF for ...$500? I wish! $1750 is more like it. KM 221 2 marck 1725 in VF for $1250? Really! You can't get that one for $5000. KM 242 1 speciedaler 1765 in VF for $4500? A joke. It will cost you at least $20000. Probably more.
Krause could, I suppose, finally have hit upon correct valuations for Norwegian coins, but I don't believe it before I see it.
Feel free to give examples of valuations from your book, and I will comment the specific examples.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use