Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,073 / Views: 2,335,836Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Valued Member
United States
439 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monkeyman67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to a bank where I always ask for halves and they never have any. The guy tells me he got rid of $70 on Friday. Not to be deterred I hit another one that I try on occassion. I got $38 in halves. Found a 1900 Barber in pretty good shape. It pays to keep at it.
Valued Member
Timmy30's Avatar
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Timmy30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
monkeyman! Been getting denied halves for quite some time
Now but scored $100 cwr today at my dump bank and got a 1968D
Filled a huge hole in my half set. The price was right at face value
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jamessmith77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 Boxes

1 Ben
7 40%'s
8 NIFC
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4-brink
----------1-1957 bennie
----------6-40%
----------3-proof clads
not too bad
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jamess
you beat me by 1 40%
but you went through 2 boxes.
I had too go through 4 boxes.
I call you the winner!
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jamessmith77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everything I found was in my second box. The first box from a TD Bank was a complete stinker. The second was from a different box. Does anyone else here find boxes from TD Bank to be sad consistently? I've checked about 5 and only found 1 40%.
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
today is the first bank that dont have brinks in my area
This box said nothing but ----500 half dollars
electronicly rolled ---white wrappers said 10 dollars.
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valentine's silver, from my wife who's a teller (2 mercs, 2 rose, sailboat). Also from $50 cwr dimes, 1 rosie.
4 String boxes coughed up 2-40's.

ffd

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
SDcoinguy's Avatar
United States
2424 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice Fistfull!

no finds for me however, I was at the credit union today and I told them I was a collector. I was getting pennies) so as I get my pennies, the guy ask's, that all you collect? I said I collect everything! so he then shows me an 87' ASE in pretty worn/wizzed shape. told him its worth melt and their eyes ooogled. it didnt feel right asking to buy it. o well. maybe it will be a hot spot over there
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fistfull
good show
Pillar of the Community
Russ789's Avatar
United States
623 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Russ789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't posted in a while b/c BofA said they ran out of boxes of halves in their vault. I called the head teller at the branch by me a couple of times but she said she would check and get back with me but never did. Anyway, I had been pretty much getting nothing but skunks from them and Chase. Plus dumping the coins was getting to be ridiculous b/c of shortages. I had pretty much threw the towel in!

Well, went into BofA today to make a deposit and happened to get the head teller. Of course she knows me and said "hey we have 2 boxes of halves that we ordered and you never picked up...do you want them?" Honestly, I was kind of reluctant since they are Loomis boxes. But I took them anyway....glad I did!

8-40%
1-1936S Walker
1-1962 Franklin (Looks AU)
1-1964 Kennedy

Looks like I will be trying to order a couple more boxes!

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul Russ, half dollar trifecta!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
Russ789's Avatar
United States
623 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Russ789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad there was no Barber in there! Haven't found one...yet! I am sure one is floating out there just waiting for me to find it. :)
Valued Member
90percenters's Avatar
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 90percenters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good one russ!!!!
Pillar of the Community
Russ789's Avatar
United States
623 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2011  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Russ789 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW...I was depositing 2 checks totaling $600. I was credited $3300. I expect BofA will be calling me soon. Anyone else ever had that happen to them?
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,073 / Views: 2,335,836Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Forums