Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,547Next Topic
Page: of 1873
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up another $1,000 today at lunch. I edge checked about 40% of them and not a single silver. Looks like my half dollar bad luck is going to continue. I have another $1,000 to pick up this week and unfortunately, $500 of it was brought in at the same time as the $1000 of dumps I purchased today. History has told me that the third box will be crap too.

OO
Pillar of the Community
Jaobler's Avatar
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bought about $180 in rolled halves from two banks yesterday and found 5 silver-clad plus a decent 1990-S clad proof. I think, "not too bad" so I stopped at another bank today and got $30 rolled plus $4 in loose halves. The loose coins were all common clad but the three rolls were pretty special. All contained a mix of 40% and 90% Kennedys, Franklins, and common clad. The totals for "keepers" were:

8 1964(P) Kennedy
14 1964-D Kennedy
11 assorted Franklins including a 1949-S in lustrous AU
9 40% silver-clads.

Calls for a merry Ho-ho-ho plus some fruit!


Here are photos of the '49-S plus the entire pile. Ka-ching!


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Edited by Jaobler
12/19/2012 12:24 am
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice score jaobler congrats, I've never had luck with CWR's I'm amazed when you guys find so much cwrs

3 boxes - 5 40s
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I am excited tonight I just opened one of two boxes for this week and I had an ender and a Franklin at that which is a first for me I will post in a couple of hours to report finds.
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry good finds jaobler!
Valued Member
ninetwosix's Avatar
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninetwosix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
0/3 the streak continues
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2012  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well the box yielded
1 1952d
2 1966
1 1967
1 1968
1 1969
Hopefully my box on thursday produces as well
Pillar of the Community
halfhunter's Avatar
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfhunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good score jaobler. I need some good luck mojo my run starts today with 8 boxes, 2 tomm, 4 friday.
Valued Member
rew's Avatar
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No silver in the box but did a a 82 proof in poor condition
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196342 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
11 assorted Franklins including a 1949-S in lustrous AU
Eleven of them? That is very nice!

From the two photos, I can only see three different dates. What are the other eight?


Quote:
a 82 proof in poor condition
A proof find is a nice find.
Pillar of the Community
baysinger626's Avatar
United States
950 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baysinger626 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't wait to open my 40 rolls from yesterday. As soon as I got home I opened the first roll and looking up at me were 3 silver edges! 2 silver clad and a 1943 Walking Liberty!
the rest of the rolls were pretty rewarding too.. I ended up with...

7 40% coins
1 90%
2 NIFC
and 2 large ONE PENNY coins.
One was from the UK from 1918 and the other was an Australian 1935 penny.
Not too bad!


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
Windchild's Avatar
Canada
1411 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Windchild to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woah... Major ghosting on the British Penny!
Pillar of the Community
wrestling_135's Avatar
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrestling_135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trapper, your January totals are more than my life-time findings. How sad is that. What state are you from?
Pillar of the Community
trapper's Avatar
United States
830 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trapper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wrestling_135
The totals I gave are for searching for 7 months out of this year.
I live in Texas.
I'm suppose to get eight boxes today, hope I catch a good
Christmas dump.
Pillar of the Community
baysinger626's Avatar
United States
950 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2012  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baysinger626 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Woah... Major ghosting on the British Penny!

Yeah, you can see the outline of Goorge's face clearly all the way around including nose, chin and mustache.

Is this a desireable feature? I'm not too savvy on 90+ year old brittish coins. lol

Edited by baysinger626
12/19/2012 12:57 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,547Next Topic
Page: of 1873

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums