Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,086 / Views: 2,341,466Next Topic
Page: of 1873
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2013  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 boxes today.

2 40%, 3 NIFC, 2 more holed coins, one 1976 with a notch ground out of it, a 1993 proof, and a half that looks like the obverse is covered in solder.
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will definitely weigh my rotated coin. I checked for a seam to see if it was a Magician's coin, but I didn't see one. I'll keep you posted.
Pillar of the Community
bishftl's Avatar
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  04:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$200 CWR today

1966
1967
1968

1 NIFC
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I weighed the '77 rotated. 10.4 g. Bummer
Valued Member
Trent C's Avatar
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Trent C to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$1000 dollars in String and Son halvs delivered by Dunbar = 1 64 and 1 Franklin
Pillar of the Community
CrazyCat's Avatar
United States
556 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CrazyCat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the pictures of my latest find as promised:

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
lincolncentguy's Avatar
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find CrazyCat!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 boxes today.

No silver. 22 NIFC. 1976 and 2006 proofs, 1 mulched up half, 1 sticker half for my reject collection, and 2 halves that have a reeding imprint on the obverse. Not sure if these are PMD or some kind of bagging machine jam at the mint or currier.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Edited by jack jeckel
04/12/2013 11:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2013  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a good day today I picked up $200 in cwr and all the rolls were skunks but two
roll#1 2 64
roll#2 3 bens and one walker
Valued Member
WVBlueandGold's Avatar
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2013  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WVBlueandGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gold Panner.
I wouldn't even use the word skunk in that post. Great score.
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2013  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just wondering if the large decline in the silver spot price today is going to effect your coin searching?

Personally, I plan to keep on as I have been. Even if silver drops further, those doubled dies and other errors tend to have good value. BTW, I still need to search most of my last two boxes for errors. If I recall correctly, the 72-D no FG was an ender.

New Member
bobafett's Avatar
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2013  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobafett to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another box:
1 1982 proof (1st 1/2 proof)[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/iamdickie/media/20130413_080717_zps62a2ff8c.jpg.html]JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds[/URL]
1 1967 ugly [URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/iamdickie/media/20130413_080721_zps4102b12c.jpg.html]JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds[/URL]
1 possible 1974 DDO [URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/iamdickie/media/20130413_080810_zps1c8dc06c.jpg.html]JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds[/URL]
2 possible 1972 DDO (WE looks strange) [URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/iamdickie/media/20130413_080731_zps765f06d5.jpg.html]JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds[/URL]
23 Not intended for circulation (2011 is the newest I have found now)
[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/iamdickie/media/dad6436b-89df-483b-a5cf-d2283a9edf28_zpsbe73820d.jpg.html]JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds[/URL]
New Member
bobafett's Avatar
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2013  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobafett to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to a random credit union today and asked if they had any weird coins, ect. Teller said "no" another teller said " we have 100$ in halfs in the vault" I said I would take them. they walk out with a bank bag with a postit note that says 4/10/12 100$. I thought it was weird but took it.
I have about 50$ in 1971-1974 to sort through for errors but this was the highlight:

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2013  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rounder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey everyone,
My last 2 boxes were skunks. Did 1 box today and got 2 40% and some random baseball token.
JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2013  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you're right wv sorry!
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,086 / Views: 2,341,466Next Topic
Page: of 1873

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Forums