Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

A Running Thread Of Chafemasterj's Counterstamped Lincoln Cents.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3,907 / Views: 278,176Next Topic
Page: of 261
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Edit: Ring light arrived from Amazon yesterday. Looking forward to how it works out. Now I just need some new counter stamps.


Something I find really seems to enhance the pictures after taken is to crop with a circular cropping tool right to the edges of the coin. It just seems to make the coin "pop" by removing the background.

I am sure there are semi-easy ways of doing this on windows, but if you are on a mac, its really quick and I could easily coach you through it if needed.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195559 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am sure there are semi-easy ways of doing this on windows
Easy to do with Paint.NET. It is what I use to do my images.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks mtuma. Glad you enjoy it. I do enjoy the hunt.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195559 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Due to the generosity of this topic's host, the previously posted Ike has found a new home. Thank you, chafemasterj!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome JBuck. Thank you for everything you do for the CCF.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195559 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2022  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another unique counter stamp from Ohio. Outline of the state on the right and a XXX bottle of hooch on the left.


A-Running-Thread-Of-Chafemasterj's-Counterstamped-Lincoln-Cents.

Edit: First time using the new image editor. Nice that you can do everything on your phone easily but not quite sure I'm a fan yet. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Apologize for the poor image quality. Getting used to a small light ring and the new image editor. I hate change.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
07/16/2022 07:52 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2022  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The new optimizer will grow on you, I prefer it now and still onky use my phone. Nice addition, I was wondering when this thread would pop back up, I always enjoy checking these out. Thanks for sharing!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2022  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wrekkdd. I've fallen behind so I've got a bunch of new stuff coming up in the next few weeks.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107000 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2022  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really cool Repousse 1939 LWC of a Native American in headdress. Tried taking a picture head on but the new light ring just washed out all of the depth. That is why I'm posting the image I am.


A-Running-Thread-Of-Chafemasterj's-Counterstamped-Lincoln-Cents.

Decided to try and take a picture with my old lighting which casts shadows and this doesn't look half bad.

A-Running-Thread-Of-Chafemasterj's-Counterstamped-Lincoln-Cents.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
07/17/2022 08:08 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm. Here is the first example of a counter stamped uncirculated LSC where I used the light ring. Not sure if I like it. Opinions please as to whether I stick with the ring light for these or if I stay with my old lighting that tends to cast more shadows. . .

2021 Easter Bunny counter stamp. . .

Light ring:
A-Running-Thread-Of-Chafemasterj's-Counterstamped-Lincoln-Cents.
Old lighting method:


A-Running-Thread-Of-Chafemasterj's-Counterstamped-Lincoln-Cents.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
07/17/2022 09:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3328 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2022  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Really cool Repousse 1939 LWC of a Native American in headdress. Tried taking a picture head on but the new light ring just washed out all of the depth. That is why I'm posting the image I am.


That is really cool, don't think iv seen anything like this before. I think the light ring works well possibly a diffuser would help.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
chafemasterj's Avatar
United States
6514 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2022  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Peace or "I am not a crook!" As Nixon famously signed using both hands.


A-Running-Thread-Of-Chafemasterj's-Counterstamped-Lincoln-Cents.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107000 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 3,907 / Views: 278,176Next Topic
Page: of 261

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Forums