Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Guess The Price - Season 15 - Winner: Wheatguy!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 358 / Views: 13,805Next Topic
Page: of 24
Rest in Peace
COINAHOLIC's Avatar
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2010  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks $130.00ish

Great coin, I'm jealous!
Valued Member
Wei Fun's Avatar
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2010  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wei Fun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
95?
Pillar of the Community
Moe145's Avatar
United States
8904 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2010  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NICE one JBuck!

$137
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
575 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2010  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add valdiman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$127
Valued Member
Zarboy's Avatar
South Africa
169 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2010  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I go for $90.00


Valued Member
chris1222nascar's Avatar
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2010  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chris1222nascar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go with 141
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10284 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2010  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's try 97 bucks. It's a drooler! Nice coin!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Season 15 - Round 1

1827 Capped Bust Half Dollar

Guess-The-Price---Season-15---Winner:-Wheatguy!

Final Results!
mattbrowning7         $77.00                
upstate               $80.00 <- Runner Up, 10 points!
wheatguy              $83.00 <- Winner! 20 Points!
Final Price           $85.00 
murty                 $88.00 <- Runner Up, 10 points!
Zarboy                $90.00 <- Runner Up, 10 points!
cwb8539               $91.00 <- Runner Up, 10 points!
Wei Fun               $95.00                
wheezydog             $97.00                
Wornslick             $98.00                
tumbleweedtrumpet     $99.00                
pls                  $101.00                
ianmprice            $110.00                
slaufman             $113.00                
andrewjconners       $117.00                
Adam_E               $120.00                
nod2003              $125.00                
valdiman             $127.00                
COINAHOLIC           $130.00                
Moe145               $137.00                
chris1222nascar      $141.00                
wolf-n-wa            $145.00


to the game, slaufman and Wei Fun!

I loved seeing all of those high guesses for my purchase, makes me feel even better about the find!

Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Season 15 Leaderboard
wheatguy            20
cwb8539             10
murty               10
upstate             10
Zarboy              10
Adam_E               5
andrewjconners       5
chris1222nascar      5
COINAHOLIC           5
ianmprice            5
mattbrowning7        5
Moe145               5
nod2003              5
pls                  5
slaufman             5
tumbleweedtrumpet    5
valdiman             5
Wei Fun              5
wheezydog            5
wolf-n-wa            5
Wornslick            5
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, wheatguy!

Round 2 is yours!

Please remember to e-mail me the final price or auction listing.

Valued Member
mattbrowning7's Avatar
United States
321 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mattbrowning7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good job wheatguy! Round 2 pronto!

great buy jbuck!
Valued Member
Zarboy's Avatar
South Africa
169 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Wheatguy, flying start to this season
Pillar of the Community
murty's Avatar
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wheatguy,
Nice job. Good beginning.
Pillar of the Community
murty's Avatar
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck,
Very nice coin for a pretty good price.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. I feel that I lucked up on this one. This dealer did not have a large variety of Capped Bust half dollars to choose from, and what they did have was buried in the display case with all the more common stuff. I think that is one reason why I was able to find it (I was on a CBHD mission, I looked everywhere for them).

This dealer is a husband and wife team. I see them at both local shows every year, have talked to them a few times in the past, but have never bought anything from them.

They have the largest selection of Dansco albums and other supplies, so I think a lot of people shopping for coins overlook them. I had to wait on three different album/supplies purchasers just to get a closer look at the coin! I was afraid that the reverse was going to be damaged or that the asking price might be a little high.

The husband said, "Ummm, eighty-five dollars". Sine I had already looked up some values while I was waiting in queue, I did not hesitate to take it! I also stocked up on some 2x2s while I was there.
  Previous TopicReplies: 358 / Views: 13,805Next Topic
Page: of 24

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Forums