| Author |
Replies: 16 / Views: 362 |
Page 2 of 2
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
Quote: One on subscription for me. Same.  Quote: I kinda like the Wisconsin Cray design. The best of the set.  Quote: Never been a fan of withe wide open fields on the obverses, but I guess that's not what you look at on these coins... definitely not a fan of the date and MM on the edge. Preach. Plenty of room for the date and mint mark on these and the Native American dollars. I would like slap whoever thought all dollars needed this just because the Presidential dollars benefited from it.  I also want to give multiple slaps to the bonehead who canceled the regular proof sets. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79598 Posts |
At least the prices are reasonable. Very nice. 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
Quote: At least the prices are reasonable. Reasonable? Almost double what it was last year! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1561 Posts |
A shame they stopped making the regular proofs literally half way through the whole collection.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
Quote: A shame they stopped making the regular proofs literally half way through the whole collection. I know! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
657 Posts |
Quote:I would like slap whoever thought all dollars needed this just because the Presidential dollars benefited from it. HOW did the Presidential dollars benefit from it? Quote:At least the prices are reasonable. Quote: Reasonable? Almost double what it was last year! Seriously! Maybe he meant it hasn't nearly quadrupled, like the Mint Sets did year-to-year. And yeah, dropping the Proof Set was a sucky thing to do to collectors who had begun a collection (like us).
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
Quote:HOW did the Presidential dollars benefit from it? The obverse had their number and the dates of their term. The reverse was rather full as well. Adding the normal legends, date, mint, etc. on either side would make for a really cluttered design. That they felt a need to later cram IGWT on there proves my point. Quote: Seriously! Maybe he meant it hasn't nearly quadrupled, like the Mint Sets did year-to-year. Fair point. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108114 Posts |
I'll be getting my set via subscription 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
My card was charged this morning. The important first step. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108114 Posts |
mine too. The mint may be expensive this year, but they also got a lot more quicker too. 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79598 Posts |
Quote: Reasonable? Almost double what it was last year! Jbuck, I mean compared to most of the stuff the U.S. Mint sells, it's not the worst I've seen, when it comes to price gouging. Some of the U.S. Mint stuff costs hundreds. It's still a bit pricey I'll admit.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108114 Posts |
Reading a tiny (font) statement on the Dansco Album store for the next album (8189) states Quote: Dansco has posted they expect this album to be produced later this year (Nov-Dec).
FUTURE RELEASE LISTING for the new 8189 Dansco album....Album will cover the P, D and S Proof Innovation dollars from 2025-2032.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
Quote: Jbuck, I mean compared to most of the stuff the U.S. Mint sells, it's not the worst I've seen, when it comes to price gouging. Some of the U.S. Mint stuff costs hundreds. It's still a bit pricey I'll admit. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196490 Posts |
Quote:Reading a tiny (font) statement on the Dansco Album store for the next album (8189) states Quote: Dansco has posted they expect this album to be produced later this year (Nov-Dec).
FUTURE RELEASE LISTING for the new 8189 Dansco album....Album will cover the P, D and S Proof Innovation dollars from 2025-2032. 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
239 Posts |
I think the price is very reasonable compared to other items and increases this year. You have four, under 100,000 mintage, semiquincentennial privy marked coins, for $60. Probably the least expensive way to participate and have the 250 privy mark.
|
|
Page 2 of 2
|
Replies: 16 / Views: 362 |
Page 2 of 2
|