Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1900-O / CC Morgan Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 16 / Views: 510Next Topic Page 2 of 2
New Member
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Repeat to your friends list
Appreciate you. Someone else told me it could be a VAM-11, but you're saying VAM-7. What's the difference between them?
New Member
United States
39 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list
VAM-11 has the date farther left, much closer to the bust. I'm less sure now that the mintmark on this coin doesn't match up with VAM-7, but I just cant see the CC. I'm taking your word that theres something thats not showing up in the pictures.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
18924 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list
Repeat, with your post, it was not clear if you are just looking for confirmation regarding VAM or for a coin assessment regarding grade.

if you are just looking for VAM confirmation then your post should be in the VAM forum and the admin can move you post there.

https://goccf.com/f/129
Edited by panzaldi
Yesterday 08:46 am
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107175 Posts
New Member
United States
39 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list
I'm having trouble trying to find what the exact VAM is, but I've ruled out any of the O/CC's. Can someone who's an expert on VAMS help me out a little?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9001 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list
Repeat, can you get us a clear closeup of the date?
-makecents-
New Member
United States
15 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Repeat to your friends list
Sorry for any confusion, I show my coins on this site for a number of reasons.
1. To share these with everyone else who might enjoy them like I do.
2. In the hopes I learn more about what I have but more so to learn more about coins in general.
Again, I apologize if I posted in the wrong thread or forum, just trying to see what others have to say or know about the coin. Ill upload the pic of more up close of the date shortly once I get back home.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9001 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list
-makecents-
New Member
United States
15 Posts
 Posted Today  21H 10M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Repeat to your friends list
Here's those up close and/or better photos. Let me know if you guys want different ones or if these work for ya.
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6871 Posts
 Posted Today  17H 46M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Keith67 to your friends list
I'm not seeing it.

1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9001 Posts
 Posted Today  13H 18M ago  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list
I'm having a hard time nailing this one down. Since you have the coin in hand, it will be easier for you to check markers on listings. To help, yours would appear to be a C3 reverse and would either fall under "normal" date or "normal slanted date", maybe see if any of these particular listings stand out.

ADDED: Just wanted to add that I really liked the "privately made" options at the very bottom of the date position page, because the date positions matched really well but could not find any matching markers.

Reverse Comp. https://vamworld.com/wiki/C4-C4C3-C3_Comps

Date Position. https://vamworld.com/wiki/1900-O_Dates
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
Today 13H 5M ago
New Member
United States
39 Posts
 Posted Today  8H 20M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list
My only guess is that its one of the VAMS for which no pictures are listed. Its not any of the privately made ones, or atleast not a known die, but I think the details are too strong for it to be one regardless. The only thing I'm certain about is that its NOT an O/CC.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9001 Posts
 Posted Today  5H 54M ago  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list

Quote:
Its not any of the privately made ones
I'm not 100% sure because of the circulation wear and the minute details of the VAM-66. The date placement and mm location look pretty good though and it's the correct C3 reverse. That's why I said the OP may be able to see something with the coin in hand.




1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
-makecents-
New Member
United States
39 Posts
 Posted Today  5H 36M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list
I agree that the date is very close, but the mintmark, to me, looks different. It looks like Repeats coin has the MM more to the left, but the picture is taken at a weird angle, which I think is the reason I'm having so much trouble with this. For the date similarity I think it should be taken into consideration that the private dies were all cast from real coins, so its possible Repeats coin and the one used to make the obverse die were both the same VAM.
Edited by henryvoight
Today 1H 30M ago
New Member
United States
39 Posts
 Posted Today  28M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add henryvoight to your friends list
I would like to raise VAM-31c as a possible contender: https://vamworld.com/wiki/1900-O_VAM-31C
The images being taken of the coin at an angle and not straight on distort the picture and give the mintmark the illusion of a slightly left tilt which was really confusing the hell out of me. In the image it still has this quality so pay more attention to the distance of the wreath and MM than MM orientation.
Im not 100% on this one.
The pre-clashed die version of this die isn't listed on vamworld as far as I can tell.
1900-O-/-CC-Morgan-Dollar
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 16 / Views: 510Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums