Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2026-D Quarter Possible Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 582Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5896 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?

Unless these areas are incuse this coin has potential.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1849 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snailking1 to your friends list
I agree, looks like notching to me, also.
Edited by snailking1
10/01/2026 3:46 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?


Not sure. Maybe some closer images of those areas will help.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list
i was refering to what looks like split serifs
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list
ill get you some close ups I'm eating dinner so give me a few to finish my steak & tatters lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
7344 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list

Quote:
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?
I see them,
since this is a Denver coin could they have different machinery for making the hubs/dies? Since this "notching is showing up around the edge of the coin and not in the center. Just asking more knowledgeable people out there.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list
I'd like to apologize now for the quality of the photos, my microscope is on the fritz so I guess it's time to get a new one. ill try to get some better photos in the morning.


2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling

2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107673 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list
A lot of what you are showing, is MD, take notice especially on the 'B' how the center bar is reduced and step like.
Most doubling on these newer coins should be showing the doubling near the center on the coins, not at the edge (or so I'm told)
I'll wait to see if the OP can get better images of the 'split serifs'.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list
ill just put this coin back until more errors are revealed (if any) since this is a relatively new coin and compare them against this one at a later date since I need to purchase a new means of getting a good clear close up.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
That is a good idea! You can always come back to it when more information is available.
Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list
here's the best I can do with what I got, hope this helps. oh & the last two photos are of something I just noticed, don't know if it amounts to anything or not. it's just something that caught my eye but his fingers appear to have extensions which I circled in red. didn't have another coin to compare it to so I just threw it with these.


2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
Pillar of the Community
United States
7597 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list
Jsertl,
Regardless of how many more images you choose to post, answer has already been correctly given, it is a combination of MD and DDD
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5896 Posts
 Posted Today  39M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list

Quote:
A lot of what you are showing, is MD, take notice especially on the 'B' how the center bar is reduced and step like. ...


Quote:
... it is a combination of MD and DDD...

I agree with folks that there is MD on this coin.
I'm just not seeing a MDS or LDS coin that would be an indicator of Die Deterioration.

IMHO, there are raised elements, that exhibit notching and lite thickness, that isn't DDD. (unless I'm wrong about these areas and they are an incuse part of the design.)

I have attached two areas I have circled on the OP's images.
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 582Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Forums