Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My Latest Pickup - Peace Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Replies: 18 / Views: 456Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list
Thanks Greasy!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2395 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list

Quote:
it's a VAM 5A Broken Wing Top 50 Peace VAM. Happy to add it to my collection

Just asking...but, who attributed her?
She's a beautiful MS gal...
I'm just not seeing the 5A
https://www.vamworld.com/wiki/1924-..._Progression
I could be wrong...and often am...Maybe it's an EDS 5A?
Kind of a 5/5B/5A...idk?
I would either submit her to JB over at VAMWorld and have him take a look at her or post it on their site to get some other eyes on her for an opinion.
If you do...let us know what they say.
Beautiful 24
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
7344 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list
@ Smat45. it's there (big ole' die crack) just hard to see from photos
Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2146 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Congratulations srs77.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list
Thanks everyone!


Quote:
Just asking...but, who attributed her?
She's a beautiful MS gal...
I'm just not seeing the 5A
https://www.vamworld.com/wiki/1924-..._Progression
I could be wrong...and often am...Maybe it's an EDS 5A?
Kind of a 5/5B/5A...idk?
I would either submit her to JB over at VAMWorld and have him take a look at her or post it on their site to get some other eyes on her for an opinion.
If you do...let us know what they say.
Beautiful 24


I attributed it. It is an early die state 5A. If you look at the center of the eagles body you'll see the die break.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2395 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list

Quote:
I could be wrong...and often am...Maybe it's an EDS 5A?


Quote:
I attributed it. It is an early die state 5A.

After taking a closer look at her, I agree with your attribution!
Here's a recent auction at GC
https://www.greatcollections.com/Co...0-PCGS-MS-63
I think yours could be an MS-64.
Didn't mean to come off as accusatory...I need to be more careful with how I word things...sorry
She's a beauty!
I think it would be interesting if you posted her on the VAMWorld section "What's it Worth?"
You might be surprised?
Sorry again for my earlier reply.
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list
No worries smat45. I was not offended at all. Also, I've been known to be wrong. This one was harder with the pictures as the two pictures I posted were the sellers pictures. I'll reshoot it once it's in my possession.
Edited by srs77
10/02/2026 7:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2395 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2026  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list

Quote:
I'll reshoot it once it's in my possession.

Thanks Sir!
Proof is in the pudding.
BTW...how did you acquire her...?
raw...unattributed?
Just intrigued, Peace dollar junky I guess.
smat
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107650 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1709 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list
Great addition srs77!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9811 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list
That's a nice one and a tough one. Great pick up srs77!

"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1981, ANS, Early American Coppers Member (EAC), Colonial Coin Collectors Club member (C4), Conder Token Collector Club member (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS) member, Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC) & Numismatic Bibliomania Society member (NBS), USMex, Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted Today  37M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list

Quote:
Thanks Sir!
Proof is in the pudding.
BTW...how did you acquire her...?
raw...unattributed?
Just intrigued, Peace dollar junky I guess.
smat


A coin shop near me. I've gotten to know the owner for a while now. Always willing to work with me. I'm a silver dollar junky to be honest. Like them all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted Today  36M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list
Thanks AcesKings, Westcoin and Dearborn!
Page 2 of 2   Replies: 18 / Views: 456Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Forums