Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,746 / Views: 634,338Next Topic
Page: of 450
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19611 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list
I love coin dumps--collections, accumulations, etc. I stumbled into a Wheat cent dump several years ago--seven or eight customer wrapped rolls from a bank. Solid wheats, many in XF through mid AU condition.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196188 Posts
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomM to your friends list
Excellent find, John77. Persistence pays off - to the tune of 40x face value, at least at my LCS's current pricing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2961 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2026  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list
Thanks, all!

And, yes, persistence pays off for sure. I've lost track of how many times I've been rewarded like this. I haven't checked the silver price today, but I know the spot value of said roll was a shade under $250 yesterday!
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,600,000 nickels searched in eight years! Have found FOUR complete Jefferson sets!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1276 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2026  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LibertyEagle20 to your friends list
I never go through dimes but I have a few books from a decade ago that needed the more recent years filled. I picked up a little over $50 worth and was able to fill quite a few holes. Still missing a few modern ones and didn't come across a single 2026! However a 51-p Roosevelt was a nice prize from the hunt! I also found 2 x 2009-p.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79413 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2026  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list

Quote:
a 51-p Roosevelt was a nice prize from the hunt! I also found 2 x 2009-p.


Nice finds.
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196188 Posts
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2026  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NorthShoreMA to your friends list
After I opened one of the customer-wrapped dime rolls I acquired this morning at a local bank, I was excited to see a large number of coins with silvery edges lined up at one end of the roll. But when I
examined their reeding more carefully, I realized they were Canadian dimes (plus two foreign coins). I commonly will find a Canadian coin in a dime roll -- but the number of them in this roll (12) was outrageous.

My attitude changed when I examined each coin. I found an 80% silver 1957 dime and an 80% silver 1968 dime. After I replaced each foreign coin with a US dime (as I always do), I was happier than I had been when I first recognized their origin.
Dime-Roll-Searching
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9886 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2026  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list
No wounder I can't find any silver dimes you have them all.

Congrats nice find.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19611 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2026  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list
Nice haul!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79413 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2026  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Nice finds, NorthShoreMA!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196188 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2961 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   7:34 pm  Show Profile   Check John77's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list
While I had spectacular Dimes finds in July (1996-W) and August (full roll of silvers), September was quite an uneventful month for me in the Dimes department. 13,900 searched and a grand total of four silvers found (1956, 1959, 1960-D, 1963-D). always nice to add to the stack, but my September Dime silver find rate (1 per 3,475) was barely better than in Quarters (1 per 4,296) lol. An aberration which will likely correct this month.
Dime-Roll-Searching
Dime-Roll-Searching
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,600,000 nickels searched in eight years! Have found FOUR complete Jefferson sets!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79413 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Still nice finds, John77!
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196188 Posts
Previous TopicReplies: 6,746 / Views: 634,338Next Topic
Page: of 450
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.13 seconds to rattle this change. Forums