Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2026-D Quarter Possible Doubling

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 282Next Topic  
Valued Member
Jsertl's Avatar
United States
333 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
ok so I only uploaded some of the best photos I could manage with the equipment I have on hand. I found this in my pocket change the other day & like all coins I come into contact with, it went under the magnifying glass & thats when I noticed all of this. couldn't find anything online relating to this so I thought I would bring it here & have all you wonderful educators of error coins critique this coin the best you can with the photos I uploaded. thanks in advance everybody.by the way I live in SE Missouri so that's where the coin was found


2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79294 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty normal to me. I'm not seeing a Doubled Die. I'm only seeing some Die Deterioration and maybe Machine Doubling on the last picture. I don't think that it's a Doubled Die. I see the "notches", but I still don't think it's a Doubled Die.
Errers and Varietys.
Edited by Errers and Varietys
Yesterday 10:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
JimmyD's Avatar
Canada
21907 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a bit of DDD around the rim but other than that it looks like a regular quarter.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196021 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Petespockets55's Avatar
United States
5893 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?

Unless these areas are incuse this coin has potential.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1842 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add snailking1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, looks like notching to me, also.
Edited by snailking1
Yesterday 3:46 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196021 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?


Not sure. Maybe some closer images of those areas will help.
Valued Member
Jsertl's Avatar
United States
333 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was refering to what looks like split serifs
Valued Member
Jsertl's Avatar
United States
333 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ill get you some close ups I'm eating dinner so give me a few to finish my steak & tatters lol
Pillar of the Community
Greasy Fingers's Avatar
United States
7343 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?
I see them,
since this is a Denver coin could they have different machinery for making the hubs/dies? Since this "notching is showing up around the edge of the coin and not in the center. Just asking more knowledgeable people out there.
Valued Member
Jsertl's Avatar
United States
333 Posts
 Posted Today  5H 43M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to apologize now for the quality of the photos, my microscope is on the fritz so I guess it's time to get a new one. ill try to get some better photos in the morning.


2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling

2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
2026-D-Quarter-Possible-Doubling
Moderator
Learn More...
Dearborn's Avatar
United States
107445 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 20M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of what you are showing, is MD, take notice especially on the 'B' how the center bar is reduced and step like.
Most doubling on these newer coins should be showing the doubling near the center on the coins, not at the edge (or so I'm told)
I'll wait to see if the OP can get better images of the 'split serifs'.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196021 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 282Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Forums