| Author |
Replies: 14 / Views: 306 |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts |
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79298 Posts |
Looks pretty normal to me. I'm not seeing a Doubled Die. I'm only seeing some Die Deterioration and maybe Machine Doubling on the last picture. I don't think that it's a Doubled Die. I see the "notches", but I still don't think it's a Doubled Die.
Errers and Varietys.
Edited by Errers and Varietys Yesterday 10:51 pm
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
21907 Posts |
I see a bit of DDD around the rim but other than that it looks like a regular quarter.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196081 Posts |
Nice to find in change, but I agree, normal quarter.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5893 Posts |
No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?
Unless these areas are incuse this coin has potential.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1842 Posts |
I agree, looks like notching to me, also.
Edited by snailking1 Yesterday 3:46 pm
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196081 Posts |
Quote: No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES?  Not sure. Maybe some closer images of those areas will help. 
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
334 Posts |
i was refering to what looks like split serifs
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
334 Posts |
ill get you some close ups I'm eating dinner so give me a few to finish my steak & tatters lol
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7343 Posts |
Quote: No one else sees the notching on the lower RT (LIBERTY), or the slight thickness w/notching on STATES? I see them, since this is a Denver coin could they have different machinery for making the hubs/dies? Since this "notching is showing up around the edge of the coin and not in the center. Just asking more knowledgeable people out there.
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
334 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107472 Posts |
A lot of what you are showing, is MD, take notice especially on the 'B' how the center bar is reduced and step like. Most doubling on these newer coins should be showing the doubling near the center on the coins, not at the edge (or so I'm told) I'll wait to see if the OP can get better images of the 'split serifs'.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196081 Posts |
I am now on the fence here. 
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
334 Posts |
ill just put this coin back until more errors are revealed (if any) since this is a relatively new coin and compare them against this one at a later date since I need to purchase a new means of getting a good clear close up.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196081 Posts |
That is a good idea! You can always come back to it when more information is available. 
|
| |
Replies: 14 / Views: 306 |
|