Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1/4 Oz Incuse Indian Silver Round .999 Fine Bullion

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 10 / Views: 244Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79569 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I bought this off of ebay for 25.90, plus free shipping. It's a pretty big and nice sized silver round. https://www.ebay.com/itm/336030380456
1/4-Oz-Incuse-Indian-Silver-Round-.999-Fine-Bullion
1/4-Oz-Incuse-Indian-Silver-Round-.999-Fine-Bullion
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196490 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79569 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, jbuck! It's pretty big as well.
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2325 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's pretty steep. These are $17 at my lcs.
You realize when you know how to think, it empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79569 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know. It's not cheap. The seller's got to make money too. I know that it's pricey. I almost ordered one from the Golden State Mint. It was gonna cost about a dollar more, so I bought one off of ebay instead. Do you have any suggestions when it comes to buying generic silver rounds? Not sure if my local coin shop sell these or not. I also don't plan on selling these rounds anytime soon.
Errers and Varietys.
Edited by Errers and Varietys
Yesterday 10:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2356 Posts
 Posted Today  10H 25M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When buying silver just for melt value then generic rounds and bars are a good option. The 1 oz buffalo round is popular, several private mints make them. Watch for online sales from the major dealers like SD Bullion, Bullion Exchanges, Monument Metals, APMEX and others or directly from a mint like Golden State. Bullion from governement mints like American Silver Eagle, Canada Maple Leaf, Britain Britannia have a higher premium when buying but you get more for them when selling. Of course buy/sell prices depend on specific dealer, coin store, market conditions.

Some like to stack circulated 90% silver pre-1965 dimes, quarters, halves, cull Morgan and Peace dollars.

Just saying all this for newbies.
Edited by livingwater
Today 10H 20M ago
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79569 Posts
 Posted Today  7H 44M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that, livingwater. That was very informative and helpful. I'm still somewhat new when it comes to stacking silver. I just started doing this fairly recently.
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Vector Ze's Avatar
United States
657 Posts
 Posted Today  6H 38M ago  Show Profile   Check Vector Ze's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Vector Ze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have some 1/10th oz rounds with the same obverse design, and others with the Buffalo nickel design front and rear.
They are slightly larger than a US Dime. I bought them "just because".

Naturally, fractional silver is cheaper in the form of common, circulated 90% US coinage.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
-makecents-'s Avatar
United States
9014 Posts
 Posted Today  48M ago  Show Profile   Check -makecents-'s eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice round, E&V!


Quote:
I'm still somewhat new when it comes to stacking silver. I just started doing this fairly recently.
As others have stated, circulated 90% silver coinage is great for stacking. I started several years ago by buying mixed lots of "junk" silver that could have anything from 1800's coins up to 1964. The way I looked at it, I could buy for melt or possibly less and then had all these coins to search for varieties and errors, a doubly good purchase in my opinion. I have also come across decent date/mint coins as well. Good luck with your stacking!
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
Today 47M ago
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79569 Posts
 Posted Today  46M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, makecents! I'll start doing that more. It would save me a lot of money in the long run.
Errers and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Vector Ze's Avatar
United States
657 Posts
 Posted Today  23M ago  Show Profile   Check Vector Ze's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Vector Ze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-makecents- That's a good reason for me to not call 90% coinage, junk.
I've sold a lot of the 90% I once had, but to this day some of the coins that came into my possession remain in my collection. It is sold as a commodity, but there be keepers in them there bags, LOL.
  Replies: 10 / Views: 244Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums