Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,515Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2014  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jack yea thats gonna happen alot my record was over 30 boxes

last 4 boxes were a disaster 2 were resealed and the other 2 all had marked coins of "MP" I'm from CT anyone on the east coast ever seen those markings before? must be some new person cause I never seen it before ?
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2014  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got 21 silvers from a teller tray today. 17 40%, 3 1964 kennedys, and a benjamin.
Valued Member
Coinsniffer's Avatar
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2014  02:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsniffer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally my two ordered boxes come in Tomm. Fingers crossed
Pillar of the Community
1325 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2014  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shadz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$170 CWR seems to be from someone dumping a Brinks box into Wells Fargo.

2005 P was in it as well as some other things I was still going to keep so was good for me.

At least now they are out of halves, I just wonder where that other roll went sent I left them with $180 on Friday? NIFC and a proof form someone's dumps isn't bad at all though for a weekend.
Valued Member
WVBlueandGold's Avatar
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2014  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WVBlueandGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up four boxes yesterday. I've only searched 2 so far.
The first box (The one that I dropped and then exploded all over the driveway) had a 1966 and a 1967.
The second box had a 1967 and 2 1964s.

So far, so good.
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2014  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The first box (The one that I dropped and then exploded all over the driveway


lol last time mine broke apart I was searching with a flashlight for rolls that rolled away crawling under car ...congrats on silvers
Valued Member
WVBlueandGold's Avatar
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2014  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WVBlueandGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CRU, I'm sure it won't be the last box I drop. Luckily the sun was still up.

Box 3: 2 1969 (both in the same roll), 1980 proof
Box 4: A nice 1987-D, 4 proofs (1973, 1976, 1978, 2001). The 2001-S has more of a satin finish than a proof finish)
Valued Member
Coinsniffer's Avatar
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2014  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsniffer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blah got skunked on my two boxes. Been searched so many times. Coins looked like a pile of poo. Almost ever other coin had machine wrapping marks on it from being re wrapped so many times.

And every now and then marked coins from hunters.

Now I have to dump them. Some people's luck on here sounds to good to be true lol

Well I may try again. But it's doubtful. Lot of time and money to not even see a decent grade coin.
Valued Member
JoshHellcat's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoshHellcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally had a good haul today, Six 40%. I ended my 5 box skunk streak. After that, I opened a box of nickels and found a War Nickel in the second roll. Best day I've ever had for silver!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes yesterday.

The look like the Brinks boxes everyone else gets but the rolls didn't say Brinks.

This is the first time in over 3 years of doing this I have seen these.

I even went into a bank one time that I had seen the Brinks truck outside of on more than 1 occasion trying to get Brinks boxes but they had Loomis like everyone else.

1 box had a gold plated 1964, a 40%er, a NIFC, and an orange painted one.

1 box had 13 40%ers, a Franklin, 2 1964, 2 proofs, and 4 1987's.

The other 2 boxes were skunks.

I also found a 40%er I had missed on Monday when I went back and checked each coin individually.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
1325 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shadz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is what all my Brinks boxes have ever looked like, Same boxes, same wrappers, but by far no where the same contents. Never got a silver from a Brinks box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 boxes.

A 1964, a proof, a clipped, 5 NIFC, and a bb gunned.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2014  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
did one box today and got...

1 40%er (1966)

and 18 NIFCs (all of them between 2009 and 2011)
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2014  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
two boxes no silver but found this one worth $150...plus three uncirculated

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2014  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Broke my crappy boxes streak.

2 boxes: 2 bennies (1 hole filler), 1 64, 5 40's, lots of NIFC including 4 2009's.

One roll had 2 silvers in it.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,515Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Forums