| Author |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,796,438 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
You guys are just too generous,,,, Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Been at a coin and stamp sale/auction all day.  I hope I don't stuff this up... My guess is Afghanistan 10 Pul 1316 (1937). KM 939 
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Quote: My guess is Afghanistan 10 pul 1316(1937). KM 939 That's the one.    Pick out a coin David. You just have to own it.
Edited by OzLeigh 07/10/2022 02:34 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9814 Posts |
Nice coin OzLeigh. Another one I don't have.
Bring it on David, let's see what you're made of. :)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6870 Posts |
Quote: You guys are just too generous,,,, We like to spread the joy around 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
A nice coin Ozleigh. Like Steve, that coin has an empty slot in my collection! I should have twigged. I know I've been caught out before looking up a foreign coin in Numista and using the wrong calendar dates.   OK I have a coin. I actually picked this coin up at the collectors club today. It's mainly stamps and coins though (with the odd die cast car, kinder surprise etc. thrown in). A dealer had scored a job for 6 months in Perth so was packing up shop for the duration. He had some nice deals including this coin that I grabbed for 30c. PS Sorry Steve, I did inquire on your behalf if he was going to sell any coins in Perth but alas no. 
Edited by David Graham 07/10/2022 03:46 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6870 Posts |
Was this coin issued before the 20th century?
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Is the diameter of this coin greater than 22mm?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
Was this coin issued before the 20th century? No Is the diameter of this coin greater than 22mm? Yes. 
Edited by David Graham 07/10/2022 04:16 am
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
Has this coin been demonetised?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6870 Posts |
Was this coin issued before 1976?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
Was this coin issued before the 20th century? No
Is the diameter of this coin greater than 22mm? Yes
Has this coin been demonetised? Yes
Was this coin issued before 1976? Yes
|
|
Valued Member
Australia
215 Posts |
This cannot be an Australian coin because they are all still legal tender except for the holey dollar and dump! And I doubt David would have got a silver coin greater than 22mm for 30 cents. 
Edited by OzLeigh 07/10/2022 04:39 am
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
9814 Posts |
Quote: PS Sorry Steve, I did inquire on your behalf if he was going to sell any coins in Perth but alas no. Thanks for checking mate. Is the weight of this coin greater than 10 grams?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
1. Was this coin issued before the 20th century? No
2. Is the diameter of this coin greater than 22mm? Yes
3. Has this coin been demonetised? Yes
4. Was this coin issued before 1976? Yes
5. Is the weight of this coin greater than 10 grams? No
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1623 Posts |
Quote:
And I doubt David would have got a silver coin greater than 22mm for 30 cents
But I did hold a silver coin weighing about 2kg. 
|
| |
Replies: 50,221 / Views: 1,796,438 |