Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Most Recent Canadian Coin Purchases!

First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,585 / Views: 315,900Next Topic
Page: of 173
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 12/20/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cool
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1538 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
YAHOOChristmas has come early
All 1859's
I will open them later

Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1631 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope Santa was good to you Don good luck on the 59's
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1538 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope Santa was good to you Don good luck on the 59's

Thanks and I wish everyone a happy Christmas
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3307 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm .... It looks like you have another friend who sends you '59's. Have a good Holiday, Don.
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
YAHOOChristmas has come early
All 1859's
I will open them later
Excellent!
Valued Member
Canada
238 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the_sifu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1892 5 cent Repunched 9/9/9

1888 5 cent

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8231 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2020  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
United States
5 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DFry97 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a cool coin I picked up recently. Anyone have any info on it such as mintage? I believe it was part of a set but why would someone break the set up? Not my latest Canadian coin purchase, that one is in transit. Stay tuned folks.

Dan
Valued Member
Canada
62 Posts
 Posted Today  19H 19M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That coin is the 50-cent piece from the RCM's annual silver proof set (mintage 15,000). It is .9999 silver, 9.25 grams.

Personally I break some of my sets up and I do have some in PCGS holders (especially US coins), though I still have plenty of sets in their original packaging. I do as I please, and I'm sure others do too (or they are breaking up sets, grading, and selling to try and bring a profit).
United States
5 Posts
 Posted Today  13H 17M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DFry97 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply jazzy! Thought the mintage would have been higher.

Dan
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
 Posted Today  11H 29M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a cool coin I picked up recently.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
943 Posts
 Posted Today  10H 29M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That coin is the 50-cent piece from the RCM's annual silver proof set
So.....does the 'S' in the designation "S50C" on the label stand for silver? If the coin was from the 'clad' D-Day 75th Anniv. Set, how would it be labeled? Just "50C" or some other letter in front of the '5'?
I normally stay away from buying slabbed coins, but if I do have to pick up one in the future, I'd like to know a little bit more about labeling rules/techniques/etc. TY

PS: Oops, one more ?. Do all grading companies use the same labeling 'rules', or do they differ? TY (again)
Edited by atticguy
Today 10H 25M ago
Page: of 173
Previous TopicReplies: 2,585 / Views: 315,900Next Topic  
First Page | Previous Page
Showing last 15 replies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05