Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Great Find 1938 Jefferson Nickel Grade Please !

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,572Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paola1 to your friends list
I have experience and knowledge at all lol but if I would guess maybe AU -50?
Rest in Peace
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list
AU-55 , Very nice example that probably came out of someone's collection not too long ago .
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paola1 to your friends list
Nice , Better than I thought !! Thanks a lot !!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1696 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list
Great coin!
Rest in Peace
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list
Exceptional grade for find-in-the-wild. I would recommend going to where ever this came from and getting every coin you can get out of them. As someone said, this had to have come from a collection. It couldn't have been in circulation long and still maintained this condition.

I'm at an amazing AU-55, too.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196490 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
Nice find!

I moved your post to the Modern Grading forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list
Agree 55 and congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4932 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list
AU range, nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paola1 to your friends list
Moxking , wish I knew where this coin came from lol I got at my job where I work as bookeeping and everyday they send me tons os coins to count , makes sense that it's coming from someone's collection, I posted here in August a 1940 that I found in about the same grade and a little ago I found a 1939 .... I guess someone found grampa's albums and decided to put in circulation spending them near where I work
Thanks all for the comments !


Great-Find-1938-Jefferson-Nickel-Grade-Please-!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list
Nice find

I agree AU coin.

Keep watching ... maybe in a few years you will have a complete set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2016  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paola1 to your friends list
That's my plan ! I have so far about 70 % of this album (1938-1961)completed and all from circulation ... by the way thanks for moving my post jbuck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2016  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list
Wow that 40 looks like a beauty. not that the rest are bad but the 40 looks hardly dinged at all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2016  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paola1 to your friends list
Agree , this 1940s is the best looking coin that I have in my Jefferson set , for sure was a great find !
It's not a full steps but they are there still

Great-Find-1938-Jefferson-Nickel-Grade-Please-!



Great-Find-1938-Jefferson-Nickel-Grade-Please-!
Edited by Paola1
10/18/2016 06:05 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2016  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list
AU-55
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2016  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steele to your friends list
And it's an S to boot! nice find . For a pre 1990s
circulation find that's quite a rare find. beats any preWWII nickel in my circulation set for sure by far
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 2,572Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums