Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My US Bank Note Type Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,015 / Views: 81,368Next Topic
Page: of 68
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2026  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list
Thank all! I have 2 more I need to take photos of, but I just back home and work is calling so maybe a few more days.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2026  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I have 2 more I need to take photos of, but I just back home and work is calling so maybe a few more days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2026  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list
I have another one I reached out to the seller, waiting for his response.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2026  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
I have another one I reached out to the seller, waiting for his response.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2026  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list
Offer got accepted, so new note will be coming soon.

These were the other 2 I picked up. They are low cost and lower serial number. While I don't collect serial numbers, the price was great on these so I couldn't say no.


My-US-Bank-Note-Type-Set
My-US-Bank-Note-Type-Set
My-US-Bank-Note-Type-Set
My-US-Bank-Note-Type-Set
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108217 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list

Quote:
Fantastic notes Helder


Thanks John , I only got them as both were $24. I couldn't say no. Checking ebay sold, I was seeing $89 plus for a graded 4 digit serial number, I only see an upside.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3830 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2026  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list
More great additions, hfjacinto!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196572 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108217 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2026  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list

Quote:
I couldn't say no. Checking ebay sold, I was seeing $89 plus for a graded 4 digit serial number, I only see an upside.

so very true on that! great deal in deed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7396 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list
Today's note is a Series 1914 $5 federal reserve bank note. These were printed until 1928 and come in 2 colors (Red and Blue). The red are scarcer than blues. This is F-833B which is a later issue, and is slightly different than the A series. The B series have the District and Number above the plate at upper left (2-B over the A). The A series would not have the 2-B at upper left.

While I had a blue seal, I've been on the look out for a nice looking red seal. These tend to go up in price much more than Blue seals.

My note is F-833B (NY Fed).




My-US-Bank-Note-Type-Set
My-US-Bank-Note-Type-Set
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196572 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Today's note is a Series 1914 $5 federal reserve bank note.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
865 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list
Very nice addition to your collection.
I've always liked the red seal notes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3830 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2026  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list
Great red seal FRN, hfjacinto! Congrats on the pickup!
Member of SPMC, FCCB, ANA and ANS.
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
Previous TopicReplies: 1,015 / Views: 81,368Next Topic
Page: of 68
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Forums