Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us Your Civil War And Store Card Tokens!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  12:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I looked for a thread like this here in the tokens area, but didn't see one. I love to see pictures of what people are acquiring in their collections, so I thought I'd start a thread where people can post pictures of their newest acquisitions.

I will kick it off with my most recent purchase, an 1863 Civil War Token, Fuld-174/272a graded and slabbed by NGC as MS65RB. It has some great color on the reverse, and the detail is stunning.

The images were taken with my bellows setup and the APO-Rodagon-D 75mm f/4 lens raved about a lot in the Coin Photography section.

Let's see some others!
-Brandon

Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of my (current) favorites.......

Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
brg and PennyGuy . . I have nothing to show but did enjoy your offerings. What history! Keep them coming.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7705 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are cool backgrounds Penny Guy!

Here is my one and only Army & Navy token...

oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
01/24/2012 3:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add brg5658 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good guys! I'm hoping we can get a great collection of CWT images here! Love that canon token Penny Guy, and Oih82w8, very nice token! That capped liberty design is a great one!
Learn More...
United States
14155 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have these, with one more in the mail, and I have bids on two others. I don't think I will be getting store cards, sticking with patriotic tokens for now.

<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few from my cabinet:

- Cheetah
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2012  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great images as always CC. Here is another design used by Thomas White.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2012  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool straights elephantine Cheetah! One I've been looking for!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2012  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My photos are lacking a bit compared to some of this professional-grade stuff shown here but this store card is one of my personal favorites

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2012  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone's got some nice beauties, indeed!

I love these kinds of threads about private coinages.

Here are some more :)

Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2012  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
heres one of my favorites.

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2012  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bill - that Parma Michigan CWT is a beauty. I remember when you got that :) It's a beautiful example of a rare one indeed!

Here's a Hanna & Co, Tobacconist, from Detroit:

Bio - the ML Marshall is also one of my favorites as well. The fish device is one which isn't seen on many CWTs. I think that's why I like it.

CoinDog - Despite Christoph Karl and the variations of his copper emissions being R-1, the man himself was quite an enigma. Little is known, except he was born in Bavaria in 1824. Sometime between his birth and 1859 he emigrated to the U.S.

Trow's 1860 directory lists him as a saloon owner at 42 Avenue A. Despite no mercantile markings on his tokens, I believe it's fair to say that's the business the tokens were struck for.

Karl died in September 1887. As was common for German emigrants during the 19th century, he was a member of New York's 'The German Society'.

Edited by CheetahCats
01/28/2012 08:13 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2012  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol ok cheetahcats I'm going to find a hard one and see if you can find an information. Thanls for the information by the way. I appriciate it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Bill - that Parma Michigan CWT is a beauty. I remember when you got that :) It's a beautiful example of a rare one indeed!"

I have since added the copper version, same design but an R3. Now I have a complete set of Parma MI Store cards............. both of them. LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2012  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
amida17 wrote: Very cool straights elephantine Cheetah! One I've been looking for!

Amida -

If you haven't seen this auction for a Straight's Elephantine, I don't recommend bidding on it. In my opinion you can get better for the price if you're patient. Just my two cents. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...10374175697+
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05