Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 S Buffalo Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,361Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
326 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  5:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add amnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! Just wanting to know if you think this coin has been cleaned and if it would be worth grading if it hasn't been cleaned. Also wanting to know what this coins grade would be? Thank you! Also, sorry about the picture quality... It's the best I could do.

Sorry for coming off as rude. I suffer from anxiety!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
838 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bibd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks reasonable to me, and don't be so hard on yourself for what are not bad pics at all!

I'm not a big proponent of TPG on coins worth this little, though (like $100).
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Americanamafia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

My personal opinion is I would not get it graded, dont really think it would be worth it.

I am a terrible grader but place this at VG8, if you are a novice grader like myself this websit helps

http://www.PCGS.com/Photograde/#

As for being cleaned I would say maybe, but it wouldnt effect the value to much for me in that grade, but again to each his own.

Nice coin, too bad I need one atleast that nice to go in my book
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your responses!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10280 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2012  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid 121.95 for my VG8 PCGS 1921 S nickel. Yours appears to have more detail. I can't tell if it was cleaned or not by your photos but the one you pictured is a very nice coin to own. It has F15 to VF20 details in my opinion,

Would you say my tweaked images of your coin are a more accurate presentation of what your coin looks like?

to CCF!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to say if this coin took a bath or not to clean up some of
the discoloration, it's certainly possible. Definitely a nice coin for your album
and I agree with nickel guys assessment of the grade. Heck of a lot nicer than
my 21s.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TheNickelGuy: Yes that is a more accurate representation of what my coin looks like.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2012  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with thenickelguy's grade.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuffaloIronTail to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This date and mint are known to be unevenly and the horn is almost never there. This is due to there being an insufficient amount of metal to render a better and fuller strike.

Look at the tail. It shows on the hip.

That's indicative of a coin that is at least VF-20.

Hope this helps.

Pete
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67902 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 details (cleaned) would be my vote,
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BuffaloIronTail, this thread is over NINE years old.
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67902 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OMG!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: