Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Know About World Grading Company

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 11,729Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2007  5:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add richard flier to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Can anyone tell me about WCG, World Coin Grading? RAF
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2007  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard and welcome to the family! Lots of friendly people here and we're just loaded with all sorts of knowledge.

World Coin Grading (WCG) Company http://www.worldcoingrading.com/ appears to be yet another wannabe TPG. It remains to be seen if it's a serious operation but I don't think we'll see too many of its slabs for sale on eBay given its $50 per coin, ten coin minimum grading and slabbing cost. This may be just a deterrent for whoever operates the business to discourage collectors from actually submitting coins so that the owner can keep slabbing his own coins. Just a cynical opinion on my part, but most of these dozens and hundreds of new slabbers are in it for their own profit rather than as any serious competition to the established grading services.

Fred
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2007  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WCG just categorized itself. It's now classified as just another boiler room alphabet grading company, probably one person. Here's an 1882-CC Morgan "graded" and slabbed as MS-67.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...170084872796

MS-67 coins (Morgan in this instance) do not have bag marks. BTW, this is the only coin the seller has listed. Presumably, he bought it, realized he was taken (he's won a number of CSI slabs), and is now peddling it.

If anyone buys into WCG being a reputable TPG, that bridge I have is still for sale.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2007  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I just asked for some pics that didn't have the glare blocking most of the surfaces. Should be interesting to see this reply.

In my opinion, some of these auctions are the best as long as they post good pictures, as you can sometimes get pretty good deals if you only bid what the coin is worth at 4 or 5 points below what is listed.
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2007  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, I'm Watching that auction.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2007  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Honestly, I'm Watching that auction.

While it may not be for the same reason, I am as well. I'm curious to see if the bids stay low due to the pics and the grading company....
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2007  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's also on my Watch List. This is the first WCG slab I've seen on eBay although undoubtedly there have been others. Also, I follow CC Morgans fairly closely and I want to see how this one does.

More to the point, I'm trying to track down and identify the original WCG slabber. It's clearly not the seller of this auction - it's the only auction he has listed; most of his feedbacks are from sellers, not buyers. I'm also trying to get a feel for how many WCG slabs are out there - at 50 bucks a whack, ten minimum submissions, I don't expect many will be offered by others than the original slabber and his victims.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2007  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mishap-coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fred try ravalexcoins sells you may get closer to your question !

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZra...coinsQQhtZ-1

Look at the feedback you will see what appears (golfren) buying a large amount of coins after two negative feedbacks . Appears to me an attempt to push the negative off the first page.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...ravalexcoins
Edited by mishap-coins
02/26/2007 9:59 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2007  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, well, well. Nice catch, MC. Looks like WCG is just another overgrading slabber. See ravalexcoins negative/neutral feedback: http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/neg...=Received+by
He sure has piled up an impressive mess of complaints, almost all of them revolving around seriously overgraded and slabbed problem coins and all within the past eight months. Guess we can put him and WCG on the junk pile.

I've put an 1884-CC Morgan WCG "graded" as "MS-66 DMPL" (with that deep cheek gouge, it's at best MS-63) and being offered by ravalexcoins on my watch list. I've also got an 1882-CC "MS-67 DMPL" on my Watch list; nice coin, but MS-67s don't have bag marks. His auctions are private bidders and he doesn't reveal his geographic location, but it appears he tinkers with the coins in his basement like most of the rest of the junk slabbers. And sells his own slabs. And his return policy stinks. How do you spell Red Flag and Fraud?

Richard, to answer your question in your original post, stay away from WCG, stay far far away.
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2007  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, World Coin Grading's domain is registered through Go-Daddy, a proxy domain registration in Arizona, but it's home registration is in Humble, Texas under the WCG name: http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.a...NGRADING.COM

No other information on the actual name of the dealer.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1360 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2007  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snooba to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When are we going to run out of letters in the alphabet so that no more of these "grading" companies can exist?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2007  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Look at the feedback you will see what appears (golfren) buying a large amount of coins after two negative feedbacks . Appears to me an attempt to push the negative off the first page.

I agree, however, I don't know that I'd throw golfren into the mix completely. While he does have quite a few repeat buyers, a lot of his coins are slabs from PCGS and ICG. Not defending him, I just dug down a little more. He at least seems semi legit....Either that or he's trying to make people think WCG is right up there with the top tier since he sells both.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2007  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mishap-coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
World Coin Grading WCG
World Coin Grading Company WCGC
NUMISMATIC GRADING CERTIFIED COMPANY NGCC

Fred,

When I did a google search of the address in Humble Texas I found That the World Coin Grading Company comes up with The name below with the links to the go daddy site WGC.

So I suppose NGCC could rightfully be one and the same as the two names above.

NUMISMATIC GRADING CERTIFIED COMPANY

NGCC - NUMISMATIC GRADING CERTIFIED COMPANY - CONTACT US <http://www.worldcoingrading.com/contactus.html>
Contact Us. World Coin Grading 5715 Will Clayton # 2056 Humble, TX 77338. Email: CustomerService@worldcoingrading.com. http://www.worldcoingrading.com/contactus.html - 6k
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2007  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice detective work, MC. It appears he's playing musical alphabet although I suspect he got a little flak for having NGCC too close to NGC - almost assuredly intentionally as is the instance with many grading clones. I doubt he suffered from an attack of conscience so it's possible the real NGC might have dropped him a little note from their lawyers.

Just another near-fraudulent boiler room slabber which I wish would just disappear.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17609 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2007  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard Flier didn't post anything further to the thread so we don't know you found the right company. There have been three different companies that have used that name, two of which grade US coins and one of which only grades world coins.

quote:
When are we going to run out of letters in the alphabet so that no more of these "grading" companies can exist?

Wouldn't help, they just start re-using them. For example there are either four of five companies that have used CCGS, as I mentioned three World Coin Grading, and many more cases of two or more companies using the same initials.
Gary Schmidt
Rest in Peace
United States
2684 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2007  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Fred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, we can always start using symbols, numbers, and non-Roman characters (except the forum doesn't support symbols and very many special characters). For example, I'd like to start the $+$$=$$$ Grading Service (6$ of $6 for short).

Another idea: LXIV grading company. I'd change the name after that wore thin and make it XLXIV. Not to be confused with XXXXIV.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 11,729Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: