Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Show Has Me Confused

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2012  2:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've never been to a major coin show, and some things on the website are confusing me.

What do they mean you have to register when you arrive?

Is it too late to sign up to be a page?

When do the floor open to the public?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions
Edited by yankee1227
08/02/2012 4:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To "open a floor to the public" means that your are either getting in free or paying
a nominal admittance fee. A premium is required if you want to view the offers
ahead of the crowd.
Not for beginners, but some folks want first dibs on coins and pay for the privilege.
Example: the admittance price is five dollars. That gets you in at 10 AM. General admittance.
But pay $25 and you get in at 9AM.

I do not have a good answer for your other questions.

And YES! Coin shows can make one's head spin!
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2012  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you arrive there is a registration area for you to get an approximately 2" x 3" sticker with your name on it. This sticker must be visable on your shirt or coat to get into the show. You fill out an information card at a table close to the registration booths and then take this card to a booth to get your name tag.

I just called the ANA and PM'ed you the info they suggested to talk to the person in charge of pages at the show.

The show opens to the public each day at 10 AM.

Good luck and hope to see you there!
Learn More...
United States
23520 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And yes, it's way, waay too late to sign up to be a page. You needed to do that way back when we recommended you do it. The pages have to be there before the dealers do.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info, guys. I figured it would be too late to become a page, I got busy and forgot.

Now, appropriate dress? I've been to many coin shows, no huge ones, so is the dress code any different? I wear plain colored shorts with a polo, would this be considered ok?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now, appropriate dress?

I prefer floor length sun....but a nice hoop skirt will do...

sorry couldn't resist...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I prefer floor length sun....but a nice hoop skirt will do...

I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at this

Pillar of the Community
United States
2119 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2012  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chris12018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
amida17, I didn't know you still fit into that old outfit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2012  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As for appropriate dress I suggest that you use
the same rule as for a convenience store:
"No shirt, no shoes, no service."

I DO recommend wearing your most comfortable shoes and/or
use some Dr. Scholl's Foot Pads. The floor can be hard on your feet and legs,
especially if it is cement.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2012  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So how I usually dress would be fine?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2012  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin show and appropriate dress... Now those are two phrases I've never heard in the same sentence.
Wear what you want. It doesn't matter.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2012  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured it would at a major show
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16455 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2012  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Th only 'registration' I have done for coin shows is so that they have your name and address for future mailouts. It is the only junk mail I will bother to read.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3685 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2012  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on the reaction you want from a person. Dress poor or dress rich. Deception is a powerful weapon.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2012  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It depends on the reaction you want from a person. Dress poor or dress rich. Deception is a powerful weapon.

Some of the richest people I know dress as they have no money, just as some of the poorest people I know dress as if they are always going out on the town
Pillar of the Community
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"So how I usually dress would be fine?"

One suggestion. Wear a Red Sox hat instead.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05