Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

10$ With Star After Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello again....I also found this 10$bill that has a star after the number.I was told once those type of bills are replacement bills.Are they worth anything?
Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31120 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sn is high and the condition looks kinda low,so if it was mine I would spend it. You can look here to see if it's a low run or not. http://www.mycurrencycollection.com...s/lookup.php
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are indeed replacement notes for errors previously printed. Depending on the number of notes printed, they can range from $10 to somewhat of a premium- look here to find out the run number.

http://mycurrencycollection.com/ref...s/lookup.php
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like John1 beat me to it by just a few seconds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ...thanks guys...this is a pretty cool site.Thats the first starnote I seen so far....I usally have my nose stuck in piles of coins...lol
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HelzelsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me to Monika, I just got my first starnote as a B-day present, and it wasn't on purpose! They didn't know it was a special bill!

Alex
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2012  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is from a run of 128,000 save it do not spend it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2012  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ckrakowski...Would that make the note more valuable?Iam a complete newbie about papermoney ...errors or varieties and all that.
Thank you :)
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2012  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iraqandroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it didnt have the heavy folds in the center or any of the small stains it could hold a small premium, especially with the low run number as accessed through the links above.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2012  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Monika,
IMO, that star is worth around $20 to $30 with NO rips or tears etc for those who collect $10 short run stars.

Your best to list on ebay / trade with someone who wants it....I do not collect $10 stars.....else I may have gone for it.

TO others AND not just on this topic ....IF YOU DO reply and then a follow up question is asked of YOU then have the manners / common courtesy / proper decorum to REPLY in detail.

Edit below.
That $10 star in chcu books around $150
Edited by Ceylon62
08/15/2012 7:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31120 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2012  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knowing that it is a low run I would keep it even though it is in a lower condition. You may want to put it in a mylar holder.

Quote:
TO others AND not just on this topic ....IF YOU DO reply and then a follow up question is asked of YOU then have the manners / common courtesy / proper decorum to REPLY in detail.
Give a person a little time, I know sometimes it takes me awhile to get back to a post that I replied to I have noticed that sometimes the OP looses interest or just forgets about a post that they posted,alot of the time it's a new member.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks a lot guys.....i haven't been on the papermoney forum for a while.I do appriacate all of your answeres and comments.:)
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shirayasha to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DO NOT SPEND IT! KEEP IT! ITS AN INVESTMENT!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05