Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

10$ With Star After Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 2,574Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello again....I also found this 10$bill that has a star after the number.I was told once those type of bills are replacement bills.Are they worth anything?
Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34682 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sn is high and the condition looks kinda low,so if it was mine I would spend it. You can look here to see if it's a low run or not. http://www.mycurrencycollection.com...s/lookup.php
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are indeed replacement notes for errors previously printed. Depending on the number of notes printed, they can range from $10 to somewhat of a premium- look here to find out the run number.

http://mycurrencycollection.com/ref...s/lookup.php
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmorgan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like John1 beat me to it by just a few seconds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ...thanks guys...this is a pretty cool site.Thats the first starnote I seen so far....I usally have my nose stuck in piles of coins...lol
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2012  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HelzelsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me to Monika, I just got my first starnote as a B-day present, and it wasn't on purpose! They didn't know it was a special bill!

Alex
Pillar of the Community
684 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2012  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is from a run of 128,000 save it do not spend it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2012  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ckrakowski...Would that make the note more valuable?Iam a complete newbie about papermoney ...errors or varieties and all that.
Thank you :)
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2012  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iraqandroll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it didnt have the heavy folds in the center or any of the small stains it could hold a small premium, especially with the low run number as accessed through the links above.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1285 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2012  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ceylon62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Monika,
IMO, that star is worth around $20 to $30 with NO rips or tears etc for those who collect $10 short run stars.

Your best to list on ebay / trade with someone who wants it....I do not collect $10 stars.....else I may have gone for it.

TO others AND not just on this topic ....IF YOU DO reply and then a follow up question is asked of YOU then have the manners / common courtesy / proper decorum to REPLY in detail.

Edit below.
That $10 star in chcu books around $150
Edited by Ceylon62
08/15/2012 7:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34682 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2012  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knowing that it is a low run I would keep it even though it is in a lower condition. You may want to put it in a mylar holder.

Quote:
TO others AND not just on this topic ....IF YOU DO reply and then a follow up question is asked of YOU then have the manners / common courtesy / proper decorum to REPLY in detail.
Give a person a little time, I know sometimes it takes me awhile to get back to a post that I replied to I have noticed that sometimes the OP looses interest or just forgets about a post that they posted,alot of the time it's a new member.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add monika to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks a lot guys.....i haven't been on the papermoney forum for a while.I do appriacate all of your answeres and comments.:)
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2012  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shirayasha to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DO NOT SPEND IT! KEEP IT! ITS AN INVESTMENT!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 2,574Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.07 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05