Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Toned Canadian Coins

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
Canada
332 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2019  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's something about that light blue on silver coins that really catches my eye. Very nice picture everyone.
Valued Member
Canada
230 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2019  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4mile123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1947ML to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little late to this Toning party, but I would like to add something if I may.

The toning on US Morgan dollars is something to see, (IN HAND) if you have not seen one before. These coins, and the history of storage makes for a great story and provides some legitimacy to toning which is natural. In the 1970s a massive amount of these where dipped or discarded. (the toning combined with the amount of lustre is truly spectacular, and rarely seen in Canadian coins.) Most of the toning in recent Canadian (1940s to 1960s) coins would probably be considered album toning and general have the same characteristics.

I pretty much only buy coins that have some degree of toning present. I'm not interested in 70+ year old dipped coins with dirty rims. I find them repulsing actually, and "A LOT" of Canadian coins have been dipped!

Cameras today have a difficult time show the toning, "and lustre" at the same time. Very difficult to do.

Enjoy your toned coins!

Valued Member
Canada
64 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  11:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canuckl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966 Canada dollar

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
more of my toned Canadian coins....

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9569 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1967 Canada.
25 cents.

Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to beat the toning possible on the nickel nickel series, especially the George VI coins. Radiant green or steel blue - amazing toning when you see it. But there are lots of great coins in this thread. I still meet purists who disdain toning. Their loss.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  02:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
more toners...

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Standfast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1967 Silver 25 Cent Piece

Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05