Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found This *$100 Banknote Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
74 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  02:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Minhsun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Probably it's a Xmas gift from Santa. I found this today seems the banknote had find its way travel to China and get back to here.

$100 HA00402907* A1 Series 2006, E1 E382

Anyone know how much it worth?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31144 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO it's worth $100. Neat though.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Canada
34 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WizBang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't it mean that it is a reprint of the serial number.
* = old bill destroyed with same serial ?
I know in Canada this is how it is done.

Wiz
Learn More...
United States
14196 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  09:07 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the star notes are a different number series.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31144 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.mycurrencycollection.com/reference/ This will help you out on star notes.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United Arab Emirates
557 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BLadd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are all the stamps on the reverse?
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the star note is from a different serial number . when a bill is destroyed the number of said bill is destroyed as well and they use a new serial number for the star bill. it is from a run of 3,200,000 so you can spend it. it is not worth anything over face.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What makes you think it went to China ?.
Bill Collector
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tornandfrayed75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he is referring to the colorful stamps on the reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I belive they are marks from overseas banks..."chopmarks" of sort...
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2012  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Bill Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be but I don't think so, I see Chinese restaurants near me using rubber stamps like that on the backs of everything from $ 10's on up to $ 100's. to ID their bills.

Unless you have some kind of documentation that it went to China it's only a defaced $ 100., in fact if you would like more of them check a Chinese restaurant near you, they may do the same thing. But even if it did go to China and came back it's still only a defaced $ 100. bill.
Bill Collector
Edited by The Bill Collector
12/26/2012 12:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1227 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2012  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ninamason to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, I ran my stars through there just for curiosity's sake and one is from a print run of only 300k and change!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31144 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2012  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice
John1
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05