Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ike Dollar Questions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,150Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  01:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see that I messed up big with my coins by puting Proof on the S ones of my Ike dollars. Also I forgot they are called ike not ice,lol! I will try and upload some photo's by using a printer but please help me with understanding the darn proofs and non-proofs that have a S. I see that I got burned with over paying for some! I also need Ike dollar holds. guess I must use eBay right? But does anyone know good seller on eBay or other sites to buy the holders from?

* edit*

So I got some photo's need to work on them about ten minutes I will double post to add them. I want you guys to tell me what ones you want to be uploaded again BUT by it's self meaning a bigger size.
Edited by solotime
01/13/2013 01:57 am
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The proof ones have a mirror image to them in the fields. Aside from Ikes face theyll be shinny and the good ones youll literally be able to look at and see reflections of things behind you
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know about that part. But sometimes you need better people. Anyway here you go!

1979, is this the wide rim?

Please let me know if I didn't put proof on the right ones!
Edited by solotime
01/13/2013 03:26 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  03:37 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the one stop website to answer most of your questions regarding IKE. Plenty of info/book to read through.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 77? is a Philly mint coin
and your 74 S nickel clad looks proof to me
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh yeah, I see. If you look at the back you could tell. Thanks!

I need new holders that's why some look junky.

*edit*
bought the cardboard holders on eBay for 5.50. You get 100.

Perhaps, what is the 1973-s silver ike worth? My dad paid 25 for it about 4 years ago. I know I overpaid for some of these ike's but I still likr them. I paid like 18 for the 1976 proof. I not sure about the others as I bought tons of coins :)
Edited by solotime
01/13/2013 2:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3566 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The SBA is not a wide rim. The T in Liberty IS kind of close, but the date is too far up for it to be a wide rim.

There are NO clad S that are not proofs. The uncirculated S Ikes are from 71-74 and 76 and are 40% silver.

The 73 S... proof or uncirculated? At MS66 the unc is worth 35. The proof in PR66 (no deep cameo) is 30 bucks, 40 if it is a deep cameo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2013  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@smokeriderdon I think its uncirculated.

I kind of saw that the SBA isn't wide rim. I paid like under 5 for it I think.
Learn More...
United States
87472 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice group of Eisenhower dollars. Thank you for sharing.

Yes, the 1974-S Cu-Ni Clad was only minted in proof strike.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2013  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You welcome! I can't wait to put them in the new holders. Should get them by Friday. I know so people call them flops but I like to call them holders
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,150Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05