Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Alaska's Evergreen Mint

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
292 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2013  4:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HaroldS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Seeing Evergreen Mint rounds on eBay and decided to try to find information on them. Searched this site, but nada. Google has no information other than it is no longer in business. Early 2000 issues seem to be the last.
Does anyone here have more information about them? Since it was also out of Anchorage, was it somehow associated with Alaska Mint?
Thanks for any info.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2019  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just ran across this unanswered question about the Evergreen Mint. I realize it's been 6 years since the question was asked but I thought I'd answer just in case someone is interested.

According to the owner of the Alaska Mint, the Evergreen Mint in Alaska was minting medallions between the years of 1995 and 2000.

I have some of Evergreen's Medallions. While they aren't as finished as the Alaska Mint medallions, they are nice products. They don't have dates or visible artist initials on them. The odd thing is, they have identical art as Alaska Mint. Something seriously odd about that.

I'm trying to find a way to get authentication or certification documents for the coins. For example, something from the Evergreen Mint that states that a particular coin has 1oz 99.993% silver, like Alaska Mint does.

So, if anyone has more info on the former owners, I'd be interested. Thanks.
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zorro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ref: the Alaska State Medallions. I've been researching with some success. My understanding is the Evergreen Mint did silver only medallions for 3 yrs:. 1989 polar bear, 1 oz, 1,700 proof & 9,085 pl--1990 walrus, 1 oz, 1,250 proof & 9,166 pl, 1991 salmon, mintage unknown. I haven't found any mintage info on sub ounce pieces, nor on sets.
The Alaska Mint picked up from 1992 forward including silver & gold ounce, fractionals & sets, Pr, Pl.
If anyone comes across Evergreen Mint mintages of fractionals or sets, please post & share. Thanks)
Edited by zorro
01/26/2020 2:13 pm
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  03:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zorro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TJL,
The 1990's Alask State Medallions 92 & later are from the AK Mint. You likely have the Pl version. They're called proof-like, but the ones I have are nice, but a bit plain, by comparison to today's standards.
I show the 92 Eagle silver 1oz at 3,457 PR & 3.297 PL
The 93 wolf 1 oz silver at 6,114 PR & 5,176 PL.
The 94 bear 1 oz silver at 6,800 PR & 5,665 PL
The 95 puffin 1 oz silver at 7,500 PR & 440 PL
If you come across evergreen mint fractionals & set into please post. Thanks.
Learn More...
United States
82620 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05