Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Anglesey Druid Conders

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,178Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2013  4:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Nice cheap lot, bought for resale. Anyone wants to reserve one, PM me. I'm keeping at least one - its one I'm not a great fan of, but its the only 1d token available to me really. One looks like its a forgery!

These 1d tokens are like copper drums. Hopefully there'll be good edge lettering left on it.

Anglesey-Druid-Conders
Anglesey-Druid-Conders
Pillar of the Community
philadelphian's Avatar
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2013  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think they're cool! Certainly an appropriate reflection of both the history and popular culture of Anglesey. I like how you've been sharing all these great Conders on the forum, by the way.
Edited by philadelphian
06/30/2013 8:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are great!
They are on my hit list. I just havn't found the right one yet.
Here is a great site:D
http://sohomint.info/angle90.html
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, these things are really pricey - the top grade ones are lovely, but stupid expensive.

Hopefully, these will come out nicely. I should get them in by friday. What do you think I could get for the bottom two? I might offer them to forum members.

Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh, how much did they sell for? I often see really nice ones go. one day ill shell out for a big problem free one.
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2013  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Ben, I assumed (and now I'm a donkey;) HeeHaw:)) that you would have Heritage password. BTW you can join for free. A great resource IMHO.

Anyhoo, the lot sold for $103.00. I would expect problem free AU-ish coins to go for around $50.00 US. I would put yours in the $5 - $15.00 range for retail. For the top right I might go $20.00. I am a bit new to the series and I really need to get a reference. I think it is a Dalton and Hamer guide that I was looking at for about $200.00...my book budget is low right now and I think I will be searching it more affordably.
Valued Member
marz's Avatar
United Kingdom
116 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2013  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add marz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bottom left looks like it may be a contempory counterfeit
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2013  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marz, I agree. It does have that cast look. The date especially looks off to me.
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2013  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I reckon its either a counterfeit (shoddily done, ill add) or its been exposed to some...interesting chemicals. Modern pesticides can melt coins, but I dont think it can get this bad.
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2013  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Modern pesticides can melt coins, but I dont think it can get this bad.




  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,178Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums