Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Found Silver While Hunting!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2013  10:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I had to take the day off from work (have classes all next week so I needed to flex some hours) and decided to take advantage of it by visiting a local park. When I arrived, I found it to be jam-packed with people (note to self: go back here in the middle of a weekday). Plan B was to go to another park a few blocks away, so I checked there. Not many people there, so I had room to operate. I walked the perimeter of the park and checked around the trees and benches. I found .91 cents, a Cinemark movies arcade game token, a key (number five for intact complete keys found now) and a ring. When I initially dug it, it was so dirty and nasty I thought it was some junk metal, but after cleaning it off and looking inside the band, I saw it was marked "925" silver. First precious metal find with the MD! Boom!

Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2013  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Night Hawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice ring.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2013  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollecter97 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome ring!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1511 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2013  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!! Very nice indeed!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2508 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2013  07:11 am  Show Profile   Check CoinCollector2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

YES! Awesome! I can't wait till I find that elusive first silver!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2013  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went back to check for any more rings, or any other jewelry for that matter, but all I found was another .35 cents. Still, the hunting paid off! I still can't believe I finally found some silver.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6792 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2013  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations ... your first silver find!

David

Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2013  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YoshiRules to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I found some silver
Pillar of the Community
Canada
837 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2013  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sarkany to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little silver always makes for agood day. Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  02:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep wanting to get out and search but I didn't have a day off all last week, so now I have to play catch-up with stuff around the house, and I need to catch up with these assignments for this class I am taking too. Man, I hate when life gets in the way of detecting! I will try to get some hunting done and update everyone soon. In the meantime, thanks for the kudos everyone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1109 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2013  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skyshark124 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I made it by a new park today and hunted for about an hour and a half. I found there Cinemark movie tokens, a Putt-Putt golfing game token, a weird little piece of metal that the MD said was nickel, a 1990 English penny, and .95 cents. Oh, I found a die-cast car too, but it is still soaking and was not available for photograph.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05