Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Spreadsheet For Your Dansco 7070 Update: 08/05/07

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 27,468Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  12:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add FroDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After purchasing a Dansco 7070 and inserting my coins, I quickly realized some limitations by using the album itself for reference. I needed a spreadsheet to index, log, and track everything. So with the help of our forum Dad to make this a download, I can share my spreadsheet with everyone!

It is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and has two sheets inside of it: Details and Summary. The Details sheet has all the types listed in the Dansco 7070 along with several columns that helped me get organized. The Summary sheet has some factiods about your collection that will automatically update as you fill out the Detail section, including a total cost. (However, I wouldn't blame you if you prefer to delete that row ) Note that the Holes Filled statistic will increase each time you enter a coin's date in the Detail section, so make sure to fill out a date when adding a new coin.

EDIT: 08/05/2007: I updated the spreadsheet again today, version 4.0! Changes this time include fixing a few date typos, and adjusting the printing options for a nice printout.

EDIT: 07/04/2007: Changes include adding the Large Cents to the spreadsheet (oops!), the ability to delete the Modern / Gold rows and still allow the summary statistics to work, more comments for help, and an updated summary page with some formatting and more information about your 7070.

Use the download link below for the new version:

Download the spreadsheet here!

If you don't have Excel but would still like to print this out, try using the Excel Viewer program from Microsoft: Excel 2003 Viewer

Open Office is a free office suite which allows you to open/save Microsoft Office documents as well. I have not tested this spreadsheet with Open Office, so your mileage may vary! Visit the Open Office webpage here.

Enjoy!
Edited by FroDaddy
08/05/2007 11:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice!

Puts my 7070 spreadsheet to shame. I just haven't taken the time to make it look pretty yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nelrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good, my original sheet had approximate values for the grades of the coins I needed/had, so I had some justification of the grand total column! LOL But that was a lot of work to keep up with so I just do it on a separate sheet with the ones I need in XF or better, which is better to carry around and not letting people see what I paid for my stuff.
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Always Write to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool spreadsheet - thanks for sharing. One of these days, I'll start a 7070 - I've already started putting a few coins away. If I find a nice deal on a 7070 album, I'll probably grab it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, the best part of this hobby is that everyone shares their solutions like FroDaddy. Fro, you get a thumbs up and good job

Now when do we get to see some pics
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FroDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ken, my 7070 isn't even halfway finished yet so any pictures would be mostly empty holes.

However, one coin that won't need an upgrade is an 1858 Flying Eagle Small Letters, Breen #1933 (open E reverse, scarce), and a 30deg rotated die. My favorite type so I bought it first; but the varieties on this one makes it quite a unique coin! Here are some scans:

Obverse -470Kb
Reverse -530Kb
Edited by FroDaddy
06/27/2007 09:15 am
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5877 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for sharing your spreadsheet with us. It's a big help! That's a very nice FE you have also. Congratulations on the variety!
Pillar of the Community
United States
651 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ken_3567 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is...Awesome Coin!
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lonnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great tool! Thanks for sharing!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add collect4fun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have yet to start a 7070, but when I do this will be a big help.

Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1625 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tpatna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the spreadsheet FroDaddy. It will be a great help when I start my 7070.

Tim
Pillar of the Community
United States
834 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2007  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BRUCE 1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FroDaddy.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share this 7070 spreadsheet with us. It is better then mine and I am truly grateful, this will be a great reference for all of us that are building a type set.

Thanks Bruce.
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2007  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FroDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the kind words! I'm bumping this back to the top just in case anyone else hadn't seen it yet.

Happy 4th!!
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2007  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In a somewhat unrelated development, thanks to Bobby's major-league Search Engine Optimization skills, this thread is on the first page of Google results for the term "Dansco 7070." Unbelievable.
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2007  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FroDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting find SuperDave! This prompted me to finish up version 2.5 and make it available for download. I updated the first post with a list of changes in the new version; this should be the final revision.

Thanks again to the forum Mom and Dad to make the download available to all!!

Happy 4th!
Edited by FroDaddy
07/04/2007 6:51 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21266 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2007  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FroDaddy, you're welcome.

I hope you don't mind, but I rearranged the first post and title a little to make it more obvious that there was an update. It was kinda buried in a paragraph.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 27,468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05