Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany Pfennig Large And Small Date Varieties With Pics.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 8,249Next Topic  

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2014  2:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gregstempfle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have nearly finished my collection of West German minor coins. I am missing the 2 pfennig 1970J large J and 50 pfennig 1950G BDL. The Standard Catalog of World Coins lists the large and small varieties of the 1970J 2 pfennig as being of equal value yet I have never seen a large date coin and none have been sold on eBay within the last year. How common is this variety? The fact that I don't speak German hasn't helped my search.

Anyway, I wanted to share the pictures I took of most of the other varieties of German minor coins. I have not seen a good resource online with pics of all the varieties. Feel free to share or repost these.

Original pics on my flickr page...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregst...39487135714/

5 reichspfennig 1925F, large/small 5

1 pfennig 1970J, large/small J

2 pfennig 1970J, small J ? / cannot find large J

5 pfennig 1950J, large/small J

10 pfennig 1949J, large/small J

10 pfennig 1971J, large/small J

50 pfennig 1971J, large/small J

50 pfennig 1974F, large/small F

Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2014  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got 2 of those 1925f's. are you aware of how much they fetch currently? I'm not sure if NGC's $16 in VF is accurate now. by the way, nice coins! do you collect german coins in particular too?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1656 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numismat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sg - There is really no value premium for either varieties, as they seem to be about equally common.
Valued Member
292 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sg93 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok, that was what I was thinking too, since there appears to be a large 5 for the other mints. glad I haven't embarked on a large '5' collecting frenzy!
Bedrock of the Community
10045 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2014  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The date is interesting--definitely two types of 5's.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 8,249Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05