Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Spreadsheet

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 2,360Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
95 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2014  4:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jvandy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just wondering if people would be willing to share their spreadsheets. I want to put one together and being new trying to figure out how I want to set one up. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2014  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Using Microsoft Excel?

Date, Mint Mark, Variety, Where it was acquired?, Price Paid, Notes about the coin

Those are just some examples to give you an idea.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3414 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2014  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I gave up on my spreadsheet - it works fine, just want more and I'm keeping it up until I get better, I'm working on a database... PM me and I'll share what I had.
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2014  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jvandy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I'm a new member I cant send messages. Could you possible email me that or your database?

Staff edit: Please do not post your email address.
Learn More...
United States
87597 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2014  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my spreadsheet, each series has its own sheet (before tabbed spreadsheet programs, each had their own file).

Headers are Date, Mint, Variety, Value, Date Acquired, Cost, Grade, Notes (usually where acquired).

This has served me well for a while.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1554 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2014  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1893S to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use a notebook and pen. It makes it more personal. Extended notes, drawing if I have to, etc.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add h1cks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is one online that I use for some of my coins, with modifications. You can find it here: http://uscollectacoin.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4206 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2014  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is similar to jbuck's. Works fine so far.
Valued Member
Canada
158 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2014  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fireman638 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is similar to the one above. Headers are date, country, series, denomination, variety, weight (for PM's), grading company, grade, photo, and price. Keep in mind I add a column for price annually as I try to keep current pricing for insurance purposes. I also never remove the old pricing column, kinda nice to see price movements either way over time. Nice part about excel is it can be tailored to suit your needs. Add or remove columns as necessary to suit your liking.
Valued Member
Switzerland
57 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2014  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swiss89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately my Excel Spreadsheet isn't written in English. It's in German.

My Excel has 4 different Sheets:
Overview/Coins/Banknotes/Gold+Silver

I attached a Picture of my overview sheet.

There I have different details abut my collection. Here is the translation in English.

Different Countries of my coins
Different countries of my banknotes

Number of different coins
Number of different banknotes
Number of different gold and silver

Oldest coin
Oldest banknote
Oldest Gold and Silver

Face value of CHF coins and paper money in my collection
Face value of USD coins and paper money in my collection
Face value of EUR coins and paper money in my collection

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 2,360Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05