Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 6,083Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  5:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this what I think it is? I feel it's a 1939 Henning! I just got a new USB microscope and thought I'd check out some of my collection.

Pillar of the Community
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The looped R looks right to be a Henning. Awesome!
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like you found a 1939 Henning. That's a great find.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you think the value of this one is?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7162 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Concur ... that is likely a 1939 Henning based on the reverse image.

You can read our collective knowledge (at that time) on Henning diagnostics at this thread ...

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...PIC_ID=53117

Value ... check eBay listings and you can get a good idea.

Nice find.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input!
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I don't think you will find a 1939 Henning on eBay. I have only seen 1944 Hennings on eBay. IMO the 1939 is more valuable then the 1944 Henning. I have a wanted ad on this forum looking for a 1946, 1947 or 1953 Henning nickel offering $250 to the first one of each date offered to me. I have two 1939 Hennings so I didn't list it in the wanted ad. If I saw this Henning on eBay I personally would go as high as $150 for it. This should give you an idea for an estimate. I should also point out you don't have enough posts on this forum to offer it for sale here yet. With all of the past posts about Hennings here I would think this site should be a great place to sell it if that is what you have in mind and I would suggest actively hanging around to sell it here at some point. If you don't want to sell it and keep it for your collection then I certainly understand. I know I would keep it. Again, nice find and congrats!
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is WOW!!! Thanks for your help. This is an awesome find that I think I will keep for a long time.
Learn More...
United States
102089 Posts
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't relly weird that I'm excited about finding a counterfeit coin. Now I'll be inspecting every 1939 nickel I can find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget that Henning made counterfeit nickels dated 1939, 1944, 1946, 1947 and 1953. Be sure to check those other dates too. I need to check my own album now!
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wiggam007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like Henning nickels are popping up all over the place lately! Congrats on your find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's an awesome find! Never knew he faked those years.

to CCf.
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have collected Jefferson nickels since the 60's but have not heard of a Henning. Would appreciate clarification and how I can identify one. Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rupester to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a AWESOME TOPIC! wow very cool coin find!! More reasons to search for nickels!! Hahaha
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's some real good Henning information in the thread "nickelsearcher" posted above. Do a search on this site..........tons of info.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 6,083Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05