Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 6,251Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  5:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this what I think it is? I feel it's a 1939 Henning! I just got a new USB microscope and thought I'd check out some of my collection.

Pillar of the Community
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The looped R looks right to be a Henning. Awesome!
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like you found a 1939 Henning. That's a great find.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you think the value of this one is?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7273 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Concur ... that is likely a 1939 Henning based on the reverse image.

You can read our collective knowledge (at that time) on Henning diagnostics at this thread ...

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...PIC_ID=53117

Value ... check eBay listings and you can get a good idea.

Nice find.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input!
Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2014  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I don't think you will find a 1939 Henning on eBay. I have only seen 1944 Hennings on eBay. IMO the 1939 is more valuable then the 1944 Henning. I have a wanted ad on this forum looking for a 1946, 1947 or 1953 Henning nickel offering $250 to the first one of each date offered to me. I have two 1939 Hennings so I didn't list it in the wanted ad. If I saw this Henning on eBay I personally would go as high as $150 for it. This should give you an idea for an estimate. I should also point out you don't have enough posts on this forum to offer it for sale here yet. With all of the past posts about Hennings here I would think this site should be a great place to sell it if that is what you have in mind and I would suggest actively hanging around to sell it here at some point. If you don't want to sell it and keep it for your collection then I certainly understand. I know I would keep it. Again, nice find and congrats!
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  07:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is WOW!!! Thanks for your help. This is an awesome find that I think I will keep for a long time.
Learn More...
United States
104840 Posts
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't relly weird that I'm excited about finding a counterfeit coin. Now I'll be inspecting every 1939 nickel I can find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mackwork to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget that Henning made counterfeit nickels dated 1939, 1944, 1946, 1947 and 1953. Be sure to check those other dates too. I need to check my own album now!
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wiggam007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like Henning nickels are popping up all over the place lately! Congrats on your find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2305 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add solotime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's an awesome find! Never knew he faked those years.

to CCf.
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have collected Jefferson nickels since the 60's but have not heard of a Henning. Would appreciate clarification and how I can identify one. Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1300 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rupester to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a AWESOME TOPIC! wow very cool coin find!! More reasons to search for nickels!! Hahaha
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2014  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's some real good Henning information in the thread "nickelsearcher" posted above. Do a search on this site..........tons of info.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 6,251Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05