Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 Ike Dollar Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  8:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinguy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I was wondering what a rough grade of this is worth. Sry for the bad pics. I appreciate the help.

Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough to tell how worn it is from the images. However, the color indicates it is circulated. Very common and only worth face value, perhaps a few cents more if you can find a willing buyer. I certainly wouldn't try selling it on eBay. The fees and shipping would add up to more than it is worth.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nic O to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree.

Looks XF at best, but tough to see from the photos. Might as well spend it, or better yet, keep it for a collection!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I will try to get better pics from my camera. I don't want to sell it, just wondering.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1804 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Domain555 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better pics
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, a better image wouldn't convince me that the coin is uncirculated. You can probably describe the coin's condition such as, light wear on the high points, many contact marks, or generally that it appears to have been in circulation. If it looks like it has circulated, it is worth face value.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it looks like it has circulated, it is worth face value.

Not if its a Type 2.

A pic of the earth is a must before discarding it as junk
Pillar of the Community
United States
561 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2014  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Merc Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinguy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a type 1, I made sure. Definitely circulated, thx though.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2014  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks around EF to me.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05